You can manage a variety of media content in the Video Platform. Media Management tools enable you to handle a variety of tasks, including editing, sharing, and publishing video content. Administrators can manage all media, while Content Creators can manage their own media.
You can watch video files, manage and delete video content, and publish content to different channels directly from your My Media Collection.
- Log in to the Video Platform and navigate to your Media Collection by clicking Manage Media from the top of the webpage.
- From your Media Collection, hover over a media thumbnail to open a list of menu options.
- Choose the desired video management option from the menu. Options include Play, Share, Publish, Delete, Edit and More…. The Media Details panel through More... provides additional options for captioning, security, and downloading.
- Upload enables you to ingest a video to the Video Platform by uploading the content directly or linking it from an online site, like YouTube. The Upload link is available at the top of the Manage Media screen.
- Play lets you watch the video you have selected.
- Delete removes the video from your User Collection. The permission to delete files must be enabled by an Administrator.
- More… allows access to a number of other video management tools through the Media Details panel, described below.
- Publish makes a video accessible to Users with access to the Media Channel or Shared Folder.
- Share shares videos with single or multiple Users.
- Edit enables access to the Video Platform's non-destructive video editing tool.
Accessing Additional Video Management Tools
Additional video management tools are available from the Media Details page. The Media Details are available through the More... option on the video thumbnail.
- Actions enable you to Publish, Share, Edit, or Delete from the Media Details page.
- General offers the ability to change the Title or Description or to link documents to the media content.
- Thumbnails enable content owners to select the desired display thumbnail for your video. This thumbnail will show up in Manage Media, and the Media Channels, if published.
- Links provide access to media files links and lets content owners adjust security settings as desired, including password protection. Both embed and direct links are available from the Links page. Copy and paste links as needed.
- Downloads enable content owners to download video or audio-only content, and to set download permissions.
- Comments enable owners to allow video commenting and interaction.
- Analytics offers a basic look at a summary of analytics for the media file.
- Quizzes provide access to Video Quiz creation, editing, and publishing options.
- Accessibility manages a variety of accessibility options, including captioning options and the ability to upload audio descriptions.
Click More Options to explore the following:
- Syndication provides access to allowed Syndication options, like RSS feeds, Facebook and Twitter.
- Metadata enables Content Owners to provide Metadata information as required by the organization.
- Player allows you to select a custom Media Player branding profile for your video.
- Transcodes provides Administrators access to generate or delete custom video qualities automatically created when a video is uploaded to the Video Platform.