Video Platform users may view media in any browser or on any mobile device through the Media Channels, Manage Media, or the Mobile App. The Media Player is fully accessible and offers a number of options for customization for both users and organizations.
Viewing Media within the Media Channels
Many users will use the Media Channels as their primary means of viewing media content; however, they’re also used by Content Creators and Administrators. The Media Channels are fully integrated into the Manage Media suite within the Video Platform. For most users, this will be the default view when logging into the Video Platform.
- Click on the desired Channel. These are accessible from the horizontal selections in the middle of the screen.
- Select the video you want to watch. The video page will open, showing a preview of the video, tags, and In this Capture information.
- Press the Play button to open the Media Player begin playing the video.
Viewing Media through Manage Media
Media content can also be accessed directly through Manage Media.
- Choose Manage Media from the top of the screen.
- Navigate to the desired Channel or My Media section.
- Choose the media you want to watch.
- Click on the Play button to open the Media Player and play the video.
Using the Media Player
The Media Player provides a full-featured viewing experience for media. The Media Player offers the ability to view media, move forward and back in the video, turn on and off closed captioning, make comments, take private notes and use the Interactive Transcript.
- Open the desired media and click Play. Use the Slider Bar to move forward and back in the video.
- Turn closed captioning on and off with the CC button, and adjust various Settings if desired.
- Open the Sidebar to Search, review the Index, and access a number of other features.
The Video Platform’s Media Player includes an Interactive Transcript that provides the viewer with a follow-along viewing experience. The Interactive Transcript allows the viewer to read along the transcript as well as to skip over to specific sections in the transcript and the designated time in the video.
Note: If enabled by the Content Creator, users can also download for offline viewing or listening.
Watching Content on the Mobile App
The Mobile App enables users to watch media on a smartphone or tablet. The Mobile App is available for both Android and iOS.