Panorama for Digital Accessibility provides organizations the unique ability to correct the accessibility of their digital content and provide alternative formats for users with learning disabilities. Panorama integrates seamlessly for all major LMS platforms including Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle and D2L Brightspace.
Locating the Panorama Tools
Panorama supports DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, HTLM file types and more. Instructors and Students can access Panorama tools in LMS courses where Panorama has been made accessible. Users can then accesses either a document's Alternative Formats or Accessibility Report.
- Alternative Formats are accessible by Students and Instructors of a course by selecting the blue icon with four lines of a document in the LMS.
- Accessibility Scores are accessible by Instructors of a course by selecting the colored gauge of a document in the LMS.
Using the Accessibility Report for LMS Documents
When a file is uploaded into the course, an Accessibility Score is automatically assigned to the accessibility of the document. Instructors can use the score and the flagged issues to improve the accessibility of the document for other Users.
- After you upload a new file into your LMS course, Panorama will automatically scan the file and generate an Accessibility Report that will include an Accessibility Score for the file.
- Users can view the name of the file, the file type, Accessibility Score and number of flagged issues within the report.
- Tool Tips help Instructors identify accessibility concerns flagged by the Panorama AI, the severity of the issues and tips on how to resolve them in order to improve the overall Accessibility Score of the document.
- Instructors can drag and drop the updated document into the Dropbox to upload an improved version of the document that should be available to Students.
Viewing the Alternative Formats
Alternative Formats give Users accesses to different versions of the LMS document which are automatically generated by Panorama. Users can select the file type that works best for them.
- Users can download the file as a BRF file type for braille displays, EPUB for e-readers, TXT for plain text applications or MP3 for audio players.
- Users can also view the document in High Contrast, in a Webpage or as a Text-to-Speech file directly in a supported web browser.
Accessing Advanced Panorama Reporting and Configurations
Advanced Panorama reporting is available to Administrators and Instructors through the Panorama LTI tool. Instructors and Administrators can use the reports to identify trends in Panorama issues and usage. Administrators can also access advanced configurations for Panorama to customize the behavior in the LMS.
- Instructors and Administrators can access the User Engagement and Course Reporting reports in available courses. Metrics such as average Accessibility Scores, Alternative Format Downloads and Accessibility Issues help them identify trends is usage of the Panorama Platform.
- Administrators can access Institution Reporting to identify system wide trends that can be addressed through increased usage of Panorama or user training.
- Administrators can access Panorama Advanced Configurations through the gear icon in the top right corner of the LTI window.