YuJa Verity protects the integrity of online tests by providing human-controlled live-proctoring sessions in conjunction with our other remote proctoring settings. Instructors can enable the feature within their quiz settings and set specific timeslots for monitoring tests.
Creating a Live-Proctoring Test
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you are familiar with creating a Verity-enabled test for your LMS (Blackboard Original, Blackboard Learn Ultra, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle).
- Log in to your LMS and access the Verity test settings for your test.
- Under Live Proctoring Options, select Live Proctoring. Enable any additional proctoring settings and publish your test.
- Navigate to the YuJa Verity LTI link and select Live Proctoring from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click the Create Timeslots button.
- From the Test Name drop-down menu, select the live-proctoring test you'd like to create a timeslot for and click Add Date.
- Enter the date, the start and end time of the test, and how many students will be allowed to register for the timeslot.
- To add additional timeslots, click Add Date. You can also Duplicate the previous timeslot to make multiple sessions quickly.
- Once you're satisfied with your timeslots, click Next.
- For each timeslot session created, use the drop-down menu to select a proctor who will monitor the session. A list of proctors is automatically generated from the available instructors and TAs in the course.
- Click Next to review your settings.
- If you're satisfied with your settings, click Confirm to create your live-proctored test.
- Your session timeslots will appear in the Upcoming Sessions panel.
- You can Edit or Delete sessions under the Action column until the start of the test. 15 minutes prior to the start of the test, you can join the session as a proctor.