YuJa Engage offers instructors the ability to create and publicly share polls through their institution's Engage platform or QR codes. Polls are graded questions that award points to participants for selecting the correct answer. Please follow the steps below to learn how to create Polls.
Creating a Poll
- Log in to your YuJa Engage Account.
From the left-side navigation menu, click on the Create drop-down menu and select Create Poll.
- Add a title to your poll.
- Next, select the question drop-down menu next to Question 1 to choose the type of question you'd like to create.
- Multiple Choice: Provide a single correct answer from a list of possible responses.
- Short Answer: Participants can answer in a text box.
- True or False: Ask a simple two-option question.
- Fill in the Blank: Omit one or more words in a statement so users may select an answer to fill in the inserted blanks.
- Clickable Image: Select regions on an image as possible answers.
- Matching: Provide prompts to pair with predetermined options.
- Fill out the details for the question, including a title for the question and responses. For a complete overview of the question types, please visit our guide on Understanding YuJa Engage Question Types.
- You can upload an image or video (MP4 file) for your question by clicking Choose Media and selecting an image from your device.
- When adding an image, the Alt text field provides the option to add descriptive information. This ensures that people using screen readers can fully understand your content.
- To add more questions to your poll, click Add Question, located in the Question Dashboard, and repeat steps 4-7. Optional: After adding your questions, you can create a Question Bank to store questions for future use.
- Once you're satisfied with your questions, click Save & Close. You may then continue editing your draft at a later date or activate your poll from the Home dashboard.