YuJa Engage offers instructors the ability to create and publicly share polls through their institution's Engage platform or QR codes. Polls are graded questions that award points to participants for selecting the correct answer. Please follow the steps below to learn how to create Polls.
Creating a Graded Poll
- Log in to your YuJa Engage Account.
From the left-side navigation menu, click on the Create drop-down menu and select Create Poll.
- Click Configure Gradebook Options to select how attempts should be recorded in the Engage and LMS gradebook.
- Recording Quiz Attempts: Select how you'd like attempts to be recorded in the YuJa Engage gradebook.
- LMS Quiz Attempts: If your institution has integrated YuJa Engage with their LMS, attempts will be synced to the LMS gradebook. Select how you'd like attempts to be synced.
- Maximum Attempts: Specify the number of attempts Participants will have for this Poll or allow for unlimited attempts.
- In the Question Details panel, under Question Type, select the question type you wish to use.
- Multiple Choice: Provide a single correct answer from a list of possible responses.
- Short Answer: Participants can answer in a text box.
- True or False: Ask a simple two-option question.
- Fill in the Blank: Omit one or more words in a statement so users may select an answer to fill in the inserted blanks.
- Clickable Image: Select regions on an image as possible answers.
- Matching: Provide prompts to pair with predetermined options.
- Next, a title to your poll and type in your question.
- You can upload an image for your question by clicking on the Browse button and uploading an image.
- If you would like to remove the image, select the X icon located towards the top-right of the image.
- Provide possible answers to your question and select the correct answer. For a detailed explanation of question types, please visit our guide on Understanding YuJa Engage Question Types.
You can add or delete answer options for Multiple Choice and Short Answers.
- Once satisfied with your question, you can edit individual details for the question in the Question Details tab.
- Under Time Limit, select how long participants will have to answer the question.
- Next, under Points, you can choose to award points based on if the correct answer is selected. Choose from predefined points or set custom points.
- Additionally, from the Question Details tab, you can set the global settings listed below for the entire Poll.
- Countdown: Specify the length of the initial countdown when starting the Poll.
- Show Correct Answer to Viewers: Participants in the poll will be able to view the correct answer after submitting their responses.
- Require participants to enter their names when joining: When joining anonymously without logging into the LMS, participants will be required to enter a name.
- The Dashboard tab on the left will also allow you to copy or remove questions.
You can click Add Question to add a new question or Import from Bank to import saved questions.
- From the top of the screen, you may click Save Draft to edit at a later time or click Save & Close to access and activate your Poll from the Home dashboard.