All media files are easily searchable using the Advanced Search Console. Use Titles, Folders, Metadata, Comments, Owners, and more to search through all media channels. You may improve your search results by using the AND, OR, and NOT Boolean operators to join search criteria in creating a precise match for the media files you wish to view. To learn how to use additional search capabilities, please visit our guide on Searching the Media Library.
Using the Advanced Search Console
- Navigate to Manage Media at the top of your Video Platform instance.
- Click on the Advanced Search Console icon located within the Search bar.
- Select the drop-down menu to add a search parameter.
- In the space provided to the right of the selected parameter, enter a specific search criteria for the parameter.
- Click the Plus (+) icon to add additional search criteria using Boolean operators.
- The Boolean operators allow you to expand upon your search criteria through the AND, OR, and NOT search buttons.
- AND: Searches for media content that includes the first search criteria and all additional criteria with the AND Boolean operator.
- OR: Searches for media content that contains the entered search criteria; ignores the AND and any other OR Boolean operator.
- NOT: Excludes all media content that contains the entered search criteria.
- You may combine and add up to four search criteria.
- To remove a Boolean operator, click the X icon.
- Once satisfied with your search parameters, click the Search button to locate your media files.