Network Device Interface (NDI) enables Content Creators to connect cameras and other NDI-compatible devices to their Hardware Hub for live streams and recordings. To learn how to register your Hardware Hub, please click here.
Activating Cameras on the NDI Network
Before beginning the following steps, please ensure your Hardware Hub is registered to the Video Platform and your NDI cameras are powered on and connected to the internet.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Admin.
- From the Main Menu icon, select the Admin Panel, and then click Devices from the left sidebar.
- Locate your Hardware Hub device, and click the Gear icon.
- Under NDI Cameras, click Search NDI Camera.
- Select the checkboxes for your NDI-enabled cameras within the Discoverable Devices section. You may narrow down the list of NDI cameras by entering the IP address of your camera in the IP Address search bar.
- The cameras will move to the Active Devices section.
- Click OK.
- Navigate to Discovered Devices, and click the Gear icon for your camera to open the configuration settings.
- Select your desired settings.
- If you would like to enable camera monitoring in the Device tab of the Video Platform, click the drop-down menu for Enable Monitoring, and select Enable.
- Embedded audio can be viewed in the Device tab by clicking on the Enable Embedded Audio Recording menu and selecting Enable.
- Click Done to add the camera to the list of Active Devices.
- In the Active Devices section, you may preview the camera by clicking the Camera icon. Once satisfied with your preview, click Stop to end the preview.
- Click close to complete the camera setup process.
- Once your cameras are configured, and you have enabled viewing for embedded audio and video sources, they will appear next to your recording session.
- To listen to the embedded audio, click the Play icon.
- You will now be able to start your recording from the Device tab. To learn how to schedule a recording session or start an impromptu session, please click here.