YuJa Verity allows instructors to create and administer proctored assessments to students, thereby safeguarding the integrity of assessments taken in their Learning Management System. To create a Verity quiz in Canvas, follow the steps outlined below.
Setting Up a Proctored Quiz
Instructors have the option to require students to utilize Verity for any quiz. Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you have authenticated yourself. To learn how, please visit our guide on Authenticating Yourself for YuJa Verity.
- In Canvas, click the Quizzes tab and then click + Quiz to create a new quiz.
- Scroll down, and under Quiz Restrictions, enable YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring. Verity will automatically create an access code that will be applied once students access the quiz. Please note: this feature is not yet available for Canvas New Quizzes.
- Click Edit to access proctor settings for Verity.
- Select the Proctoring Mode you wish to enable.
- Automated Proctoring: Offers essential proctoring features through the Verity browser extension within compatible browsers. This mode may also be used within the Lockdown App.
- Lockdown App: Offers additional security features that can be applied to safeguard the integrity of quizzes.
- Next, under Quiz Restrictions, select which restrictions you would like enabled. For more information on Quiz Restrictions, please reference our guide on YuJa Verity's Quiz Restrictions.
- Next, if necessary, you can allow individual students to access the quiz without Verity. These students will NOT be monitored when taking the quiz. To learn how to use this feature, please visit our support guide on Creating an Exempted Student List.
- Finally, click Apply. You can now add questions to your quiz. Once quizzes are completed, you can review them by accessing the Verity Results table. Tip: You can create a Verity profile to save your proctor settings. For more information, please visit our guide on Creating a Custom Assessment Profile.