Alternative to the Verity Browser Extension, the Verity Lockdown App offers additional test-integrity requirements for instructors to ensure a secure testing environment for their students. The browser will prevent students from viewing other applications on their device, provide stable recordings, and enforce strict measures to prevent common methods of bypassing proctor settings.
Downloading the Verity Lockdown App
Students must download the Verity Lockdown App if the instructor has enabled the setting for their assessment.
- Log in to your LMS (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle), and navigate to your course.
- Click the Verity LTI link located within your course. If you cannot find the Veirty LTI link, please reach out to your instructor or LMS admin.
- Select the Lockdown Introduction tab from the Verity navigation menu.
- Click on the link for your device to download the Verity Lockdown App. If your browser flags the download as potentially dangerous, allow your browser to download the application.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file on your device, and launch the application. The Verity Lockdown App will begin to install.
- Once the installation has finished, launch the Verity Lockdown App. Use the browser's URL search bar to access your LMS. To learn how to access your assessment, please visit the relevant guide for your LMS: Blackboard Original, Blackboard Ultra, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle.