The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform’s Media Player includes a number of features to facilitate media engagement. Some of these features are customizable for Admins via the Admin Panel’s Branding tab.
Using the Media Player
The Media Player provides a number of useful tools to improve Viewers’ engagement while watching the media. These tools and options are also customizable through Admin Panel’s Branding tab by the Organization’s Admins.
- While the media is being played, Viewers can Play/Pause and adjust the volume level anytime they wish. Viewers can also use the time slider to quickly move to any point of the video.
- Depending on how the Admins customize the Media Player, Viewers will also able to turn on Closed-Captioning, Download the media, change Playback Speed, or enable Picture-in-Picture for multi-stream videos.
- Additional options such as External Player, Video Quality, and Fullscreen are also available under the Gear icon.
The option to Resume Playback is available for all users when selecting previously played media.
- Open a previously viewed media file.
- Viewers will be prompted to either resume from the last point that they watched the media or start from the beginning.
The Video Platform’s Media Player also includes a Sidebar Menu, which contains additional tools that allow Viewers to take notes while watching the media, see all the posted comments, or access any additional resources that the Content Creators attach.
- While watching the media, click the Sidebar icon to open up the Sidebar Menu.
- Below is the list of all available tools for Viewers on the Sidebar Menu.
- Index: System-generated index that allows Viewers to quickly jump between sections of the media.
- Slides: System-generated slides that let Viewers know when a new PowerPoint slide starts.
- Captions: System-generated auto-captions.
- Notes: Allows Viewers to write down personal notes while watching the media.
- Comments: Displays all the posted comments from other Viewers while watching the media.
- Resources: Additional resources that are attached by the Content Creators.
- View Shortcuts: Displays the list of all available hotkeys to control the Media Player.
- Download Notes: Allows Viewers to download all the notes that they took while watching the media.
Accessibility Features in the Media Player
The Video Platform’s Media Player provides a number of options for Viewers to increase accessibility, including customizable Caption Settings, Audio Descriptions, and Keyboard shortcuts. To learn more about all the Accessibility Features that the Video Platform offers, please follow this link here.