The YuJa Engage plugin can be installed in the Microsoft PowerPoint ribbon. You may install the plugin from the PowerPoint Add-ins store. The installation will allow instructors to insert poll questions into PowerPoint presentations. Please note: the YuJa Engage plugin is supported on the PowerPoint Web App and 2020/2021 PowerPoint desktop applications.
Installing the YuJa Engage Plugin to PowerPoint on Windows PC
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and click Insert, located in the top row.
- Click Add-ins.
- Click Store, located at the top of the Office Add-ins window
- Use the search bar to search for YuJa Engage.
- Locate the YuJa Engage Plugin for PowerPoint and click Add.
- Click Continue to integrate the YuJa Engage plugin with your PowerPoint presentation.
Using the Engage Plugin in PowerPoint on Windows PC
- Launch PowerPoint and open a presentation.
- From the Ribbon, select YuJa Engage, then click Open Taskpane.
- The YuJa Engage Panel will appear on the right-hand side.
- Select your Institution from the drop-down menu, type in your Username and Password, and click Login.
- Next, Select a Poll.
- From here, click Add QR code to slide to insert the Poll Code and QR Code into your presentation.
- Finally, click on the question you wish to add to your presentation.
- Once you've put together your PowerPoint presentation, start the slide show.
- When the slide for the poll comes up, Students can enter the Poll Code by visiting their institution's YuJa Engage domain:
- Example: https://evergreen.engage.yuja.com
- Alternatively, Students can scan the QR Code on their phones.
- When ready, go to the next slide featuring the created question, and the poll will automatically be accessible to Students.