Administrators can manage storage usage within the Video Platform by utilizing the Delete Transcodes action in the Policy Creator. This option allows them to remove transcodes for videos that are at least 30 days old or have not received any views in the last 30 days.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an admin and access the Admin Panel from the Main Menu icon.
- Select Data Management from the navigation menu.
- Click Actions and then select Create New Policy.
- Enter a Policy Name of your choice.
- Next, select a rule for the policy to identify videos that it will remove transcodes for. Important: The policy will be applied to all videos if a rule is not created. To learn more about policy rules, please visit our guide on Managing Data Retention Policies.
- Once you've selected a rule, click Add Rule. Optional: You can add more than one rule if desired.
- Click Create Action.
- Select Delete Transcodes from the Action Type in the Recurring Policy Action modal.
- Select the Action Interval, which will determine how often the policy will run—Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, or Annually.
- Click Add Action.
- Click Save to complete the process.
To know more about configuring the availability of transcodes on the organization level click here