Administrators can manage storage usage within the Video Platform by removing any unnecessary video transcodes. Transcodes can be set on a platform wide level via the Platform tab within the Admin Panel. To remove unneeded transcodes for numerous videos, Administrators can utilize the Data Management tool.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator and access the Data Management tab from the Main Menu.
- Click Create New Policy to open the Policy Creator.
- Within the Policy Creator, click Create Action.
- Within the Recurring Policy Action, select Delete Optional Transcodes for the Action Type and choose the Action Interval to set the frequency at which the Optional Transcodes will be removed. Then, press Add Action.
- Under Add a Rule, make the following selections. Then, click Add Rule.
- Rule: Content of type
- Content of type: Video
- Click Save.
- Once the Recurring Policy Action is saved, no further action is needed. The policy will run on the specified Action Interval to perform the requested action.
To know more about configuring the availability of transcodes on the organization level click here