The Media Library Search feature takes advantage of a number of different aspects of the Video Platform’s technology, including Auto-captioning, Semantic Topic Analysis, slide content, titles, and descriptions.
Searching the Media Library
With the powerful Visual Search, users can search through their Media Library by using any keywords from their media.
- Log into the Video Platform and click Manage Media at the top of the page to navigate to your Media Collection.
- Enter the desired search term in the Search window at the upper left.
- Press Enter to start the search.
- The Video Platform's Visual Search also supports the following search features.
- Basic searching by using simple keywords or characters, including alphanumeric, white spaces or special characters. For example, searching for the keyword "business" and phrase "Hello world!" will return all the media that have "business" or "Hello world!" in the title, description, auto-captions, transcripts, etc.
- Fuzzy search by given "keyword~". For example, searching "engine~" will yield results containing "engine" or "engineer"
- Prefix search by any given keyword. For example, searching "te*" will return results of words starting with te like tell or test
- Wildcard searches given by "keyword?". "?" is used to represent instances of alphanumeric characters. For example, searching "t??t" will return results with words that start and end with "t", like "test" and "text"
- The ability to use search queries to specify what they want to search for in the format of field:keyword. For example, this query title:"business" will return only media with the term "business" on their titles and the query multimediaType:"video" will target all videos.
- Using boolean operators during searches to include or exclude certain keywords from the search results. For example, this query title:"busiess" AND description:"franchise" will only return results with the term "business" on their titles and "franchise" in their descriptions.
- The Video Platform's Advanced Search Options allow for searching by a file's metadata. To do so, search terms must be followed by a colon and search terms within quotes.
- Searching by attributes, such as before:"2018-04-02" will give results for files uploaded before April 20, 2018, or caption:"Elasticity of demand" will give results for all videos with "elasticity of demand" in the caption
- Searching with tags, in the format #tag. For example, #test will yield files that have been tagged with #test.
- Searching with multiple fields or boolean operators can be conducted as well.
- Utilizing the pin drops for the search tool will allow you to switch between a Visual Search or an Advanced Search, with option to limit the search to a current folder.