System Settings in the Software Capture for PC application control the Cache Folder, the Upload Folder, and Default Retention Period. The Cache Folder provides temporary storage associated with the Software Capture application, while the Upload Folder contains recorded media kept for a designated period of time. To learn more about the Default Retention Period, click here.
Accessing System Settings
System Settings require running the Software Capture application as an admin on your PC. Accessing the System Settings also requires several steps and can be done through Settings.
- Launch the Software Capture application.
- Click the Gear icon to access Application Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click Run as Admin and wait for the Software Capture application to restart.
- Once the application reopens, navigate back to the Advanced tab in the Application Settings. You will then have access to the System Settings. Below are the adjustments that can be made.
- Cache Folder: Select the location where you would like your cache data stored.
- Upload Folder: Select the location where you would like your recorded media saved.
- Days to keep recordings on this computer: The Software Capture application will automatically delete recordings from your local folder after seven days. You may adjust the number of days you would like the recordings to remain on your device.
- Show low disk space warning: Select the threshold of when you would like to be notified if your local disk space is running low when recording.
- Show Automatic Update Notifications: If an update is available for YuJa Software Capture, a notification will always appear when the Software Capture application is launched. Uncheck the box to disable update notifications.
- Use alternate rendering mode: By default, YuJa Software Capture will render recordings through your hardware. If you are experiencing low video quality when rendering your recordings, check the box to use software rendering.
- Show Recording Toolbar in the recording: The Recording Toolbar will be made visible for viewers to see in a recorded or live session.
- Send diagnostics package: If you are experiencing any issues with your YuJa Software Capture application, you may send a diagnostic report directly to us by clicking Send. Please also reach out to your Customer Success Manager regarding the issue and the date and time when it occurred.
- Folder Settings:
If desired, users may change the Cache or Upload Folder settings through System Settings by browsing to the desired Cache or Upload Folder.