The Cut Tool in the Video Editor allows you to remove select sections of content within a video.
Accessing the Video Editor
All Video Editor features are available to user for content stored in your My Media.
- Navigate to Manage Media and hover over the video you would like to edit.
- Select Edit from the list of menu options.
Using the Cut Function
Cut is represented by the scissors icon below the viewing panel and allows users to trim content from any point in the media.
- Drag the progress pin to the time you would like the cut to begin.
- Click the Cut icon to begin the cut.
- Hover the cursor to the time you want the cut to end. Left click to stop the cut.
- Undo the Cut action by clicking Undo or by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the created cut edit.
- Click Save to register the changes.
Cutting at Exact Timeframes
For a more precise cut, you can set the start and end time of the cut.
- Click and drag the progress pin to the general point where you would like to start the cut.
- Click the scissors icon to initiate the cut and highlight the general portion you wish to cut.
- Double click the highlighted section for additional cut options.
- Input the desired start and end time for the cut. This can be modified down to the millisecond.
- Click Apply to cut the video.
Trimming the Start and End of Videos
If the beginning or end of a video has any unwanted content, the Cut tool can be used to trim off those sections.
- Drag the progress pin to where the video should start or end.
- Click the scissors icon to initiate the cut and drag the cut area.
- To trim content from the beginning, move the cut area to the left to cover the beginning of the video.
- To trim content from the end, move the cut area to the right to cover the end of the video.