Content Creators will have the ability to upload their YouTube videos to the Video Platform either by linking the video or using the YouTube ingestion feature.
Uploading YouTube Videos
To upload a YouTube video to the Video Platform, the only item the Content Creators need is the direct link to the YouTube video.
- Click Manage Media to navigate to your My Media page.
- Click the Upload button then select the Link tab.
- Choose YouTube from the list.
- Fill in the information as shown below.
- YouTube Link: The direct link to the YouTube video.
- Title: Enter a title for the YouTube video.
- Description: Enter a description for the YouTube video.
- Link to YouTube Video: This option will link the YouTube video to the Video Platform's media player without importing it.
- Import a YouTube Video into My Account: This option will import the video directly from YouTube to the Video Platform. This allows YouTube content to be ingested, auto-captioned, and used in accordance with the TEACH ACT.
Due to YouTube Privacy settings, not all videos will be available for the Import a YouTube Video into My Account option.