The Video Platform enables Content Creators to link Video Quizzes with Blackboard, to properly sync grade results between the two systems. In order to achieve this, a unique Blackboard Content item needs to be linked to a unique Video Quiz created within YuJa. The workflow to complete is summarized below.
Creating the Video Quiz in YuJa
The first step of the sync process is to create a Video Quiz on the Video Platform. You can find the steps to complete this here.
Inserting the Video Quiz
The second step of the sync is to create a new Content item within Blackboard under the Content > Build Content tool.
- Once logged into the Blackboard course, click on the Content folder within the course tool menu.
- On the next page, click on the Build Content button, and select YuJa Media Chooser with Grade Book Sync.
- This will display the YuJa Media Chooser plugin, where you can select your Video Quiz. Click on the Video Quiz you wish to insert into the Blackboard Content item.
Taking the Video Quiz
Now that the Video Quiz has been inserted in the Blackboard Content item, grades will automatically sync once the student completes the Video Quiz submission. Below is the workflow for students to complete to ensure grades are properly synced.
- Once the student is logged into the Blackboard course, they will open the Content folder within the course tool menu.
- The student will open the Video Quiz, and submit all responses until completion.
- Once all responses are completed, they will click on the Submit button. Then click Done.
Once the student completes the Video Quiz, their results will be synced automatically to the courses Full Grade Center.
- Once logged into the Blackboard course, select the Grade Center menu.
- Under the Grade Center menu, select Full Grade Center.
- The grade associated with the Video Quiz will be posted as follows: