The Roster management feature enable Administrators to manage, update, and upload users. Administrators may use the Roster independently or in conjunction with LTI-integration.
Roster management features are accessible directly from the Roster page and include Search Users, Create User, Upload Roster, and Download Roster. Please see the individual linked pages on each of these for more information.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Select Roster from the left-side menu.
- Act as User allows an Administrator to access individual user functions, including media management by functioning as that user.
- Search Users enables you to search the entire Roster for an individual user. You may search the roster by UserID, First Name, Last Name, and User Type.
- Create User allows manual user creation within the Video Platform; this does not create a user within the LMS.
- Upload Roster facilitates the upload of a .csv file, incorporating a range of user information in a single upload. A sample .csv is available.
- Download Roster allows you to download the entire student roster as a .csv file. A link will be sent to your email that is expires after 24 hours.
The Roster is arranged in rows and columns. Each user's individual information is contained in a single row. The columns are arranged as follows: UserID, First Name and Last Name, User Type, Status, Linkage, Date Created and Last Accessed, and finally Lock User Type . Both User Type and Status can be altered directly from the Roster.
The Roster Actions include the ability to change individual passwords, add users to a group, edit users, or delete users. Administrators may also access user media.
- Click on the User ID.
- Select the Key to change the user’s password. This changes the password for the Video Platform, but not the Learning Management System.
- Choose the Plus sign to add the user to a Course or Group in the Video Platform.
- Select the Pencil to edit user information.
- Click on the Folder to access the user’s saved media.
- Choose the Trash Can to delete the user. This removes the user from the Video Platform, but not your LMS.