Users can use the YuJa Media Chooser to upload or create new content and embed that content directly in Canvas. This makes it simple for instructors to add video content to multiple areas in Canvas.
Accessing the YuJa Media Chooser
The YuJa Media Chooser can be accessed from any WYSIWYG editor or the "what you see is what you get” visual HTML posts in Canvas, including Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, and Modules.
- Log in to Canvas as an Administrator or Instructor, then navigate to a Canvas course.
- From the course, navigate to an activity in Canvas that supports the WYSIWYG or the "what you see is what you get” visual HTML editor such as Announcements, Assignments, and Discussions.
- Create a new post or edit an existing post.
- Click on the plug icon visible in the WYSIWYG editor and select YuJa Media Chooser. Note that the name of the application may be different depending on your organization.
Using the YuJa Media Chooser
The YuJa Media Chooser works the same way for other areas of Canvas as well, such as Modules and Pages.
- In the Media Chooser, select one of the following:
- Choose Media: Select media files, video quizzes, or playlists from your Media Library. Please note: The Quizzes tab will only appear in gradable areas of your course.
- Upload Media: Upload a video file, audio file, document, web link, or VR video file.
- Record Content: Launch YuJa Software Capture to create a recording.
- Select one or multiple videos and click Insert Content to embed them in a Canvas Post.
- Selecting multiple videos and the Embed as Dynamic Playlist checkbox will display the videos in an embedded playlist view.
Adding Videos as a Dynamic Playlist with the Media Chooser
The YuJa Media Chooser allows instructors to embed Media into playlists for their posts.