Users can use the YuJa Media Chooser to upload or create new content and embed that content directly in Canvas. This makes it simple for instructors to add video content to multiple areas in Canvas.
Accessing the YuJa Media Chooser
The YuJa Media Chooser can be accessed from any WYSIWYG or the "what you see is what you get” visual HTML posts in Canvas, including Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, and Modules.
- Log in to Canvas as an Administrator or Instructor, then navigate to a Canvas course.
- From the course, navigate to an activity in Canvas that supports WYSIWYG or the "what you see is what you get” visual HTML editor such as Announcements, Assignments, and Discussions.
- Create a new post or edit an existing post.
- Click on the plug icon visible in the WYSIWYG editor and select YuJa Media Chooser. Note that the name of the application may be different depending on your organization.
Using the YuJa Media Chooser
The YuJa Media Chooser works the same way for other areas of Canvas as well, such as Modules and Pages.
- Click Choose Media to select content from your My Media. Use the search bar to search for content.
- Click Upload Media to upload a video file, audio file, document, web link, or VR video file.
- Click Record Content to launch YuJa Software Capture to create a recording.
- Select one or multiple videos and click Insert Content to embed them in the Canvas post.
- Save or Save and Publish your Canvas post.
Adding Videos as a Dynamic Playlist with the Media Chooser
The YuJa Media Chooser allows instructors to embed Media into playlists for their posts.