Once you’ve installed the Software Capture for PC application, you’re ready to begin recording from your Windows PC. Your recording options can be customized to meet your needs, from Screen Capture to Live Streaming.
Accessing the Software Capture for PC Application
The Software Capture for PC application facilitates capture recording from any computer.
Starting your Recording
Within just moments you can begin recording your capture. Only a few moments are required to provide a title and other information.
- Make any necessary recording selections, including video, audio, screen, and whether or not to live stream your capture. In order to live stream your capture, you must have selected a Channel via the Share button above.
- Press the Start button to begin your capture.
- Stop by clicking the Finish button on the Software Capture for PC application, the Recording Toolbar or pressing Ctrl+Shift+F, the default hotkey sequence. The hotkey can be changed if desired.
When you press the Start button, you’ll have three seconds before recording begins. Use this time to bring up your files or presentation material on-screen, if you’re capturing your screen. Proceed with your recording – try to speak clearly and naturally!
Using the Recording Toolbar
The Recording Toolbar provides an easy and moveable way on your screen, to pause or stop a Video Platform recording.
- Press the Pause button to pause the Software Capture for PC application. Press Play when ready to resume recording.
- Select the Stop button to stop your recording.
- Adjust your audio using the Mic settings.
- Click and drag the recording toolbar to another area on your screen.
Deleting, Posting or Saving your Capture
When you complete your recording, you have some options available. If you have selected a Channel, you will have three options; Post, Save and Delete. If you do not choose a Channel, you will only see the Save and Delete options.