The Video Platform offers Admins and Content Creators the space to create and manage internal groups within the Courses & Groups tab. Admins have the ability to integrate created groups within their SSO into the Video Platform. The SSO integration allows students who sign in to the Video Platform to be recognized and assigned to their respective Group(s). This guide provides steps on how to enable the integration process.
Integrating Your Institution's SSO with Groups
Before you follow the steps below, please make sure you have created groups within your institution's SSO.
- Log in to the Video Platform.
- Click on the Main Menu icon, select Admin Panel, and then click Integrations from the navigation menu.
- From the Select Integration drop-down menu, select your institution's SSO.
- Click on the Group Provisioning tab.
- Enter your Group's Attribute provided by your SSO.
Next, in the Group ID and Name Delimiter field, enter a character or any set of characters that will delimit between a group ID and the group name. When setting up automatic name updates for SSO-integrated groups, you will provide a group ID and name. Please note: the delimiter should be a unique character or set of characters that should not be repeated in the group ID or group name.
- If you would like the Video Platform to auto-insert groups created in your SSO, check Map All Groups in SAML Response.
- Click Save to complete the integration process.
Your Groups and their members will now be available on the Courses & Groups page. If you would like to auto-update group names as they appear on your SSO, please visit our guide on How to Automatically Update the Names of SSO Integrated Groups.