YuJa Engage allows instructors to publish live polls, which can be shared with their students. To learn how to manage live polls and view instant analytics, please follow the steps below.
Sharing a Poll
Once a poll has been created, you may share the poll from the Manage Polls or Create Polls tabs. During a shared poll, options will be given to Stop, Lock, or Pause your poll.
- Log in to YuJa Engage.
- To share your newly created poll, click Publish.
- Students must scan the QR Code or enter the Poll Code by visiting their institution's YuJa Engage domain.
- Example: https://evergreen.engage.yuja.com
- Click Share Now once you are ready to begin your poll.
- For polls saved as drafts or previously published polls, navigate to the Manage Polls tab from the left-hand navigation menu.
- For drafted polls, click on the three dots under the Action column, and then select the Publish icon.
- If you would like to share a published poll, click on the three dots under the Action column, then click on the Eye icon, and finally click Show Poll Code.
- From here, students must either scan the QR code or enter the Poll Code by visiting their Institution's YuJa Engage domain, as shown in step three.
- Once all students have joined, you may share your poll in one of two ways.
- To share individual poll questions, click the Share icon for your first question, and students will be given a ten-second countdown before the poll begins.
- A timer will display how much time students have to answer the current question. There are several options available to you while polls are live:
- Click the Stop icon to end your poll immediately.
- Click the Lock icon to end the question and view analytics for the question.
- Click the Pause icon to stop and resume the timer.
- To go to the next question, simply click the Share icon for the desired question after the countdown.
- Alternatively, you may share all poll questions immediately with students. Enter the Total Time students will have to complete the poll and then click Start Poll.
- A timer will display how much time students have left to complete the poll. The Stop, Lock, and Pause features are unavailable when all poll questions are shared.
Viewing Poll Analytics
At the end of a poll, or after each question, if questions are shared individually, analytics for the quiz will be displayed. These analytics can also be viewed from the Manage Polls tab by clicking on the Eye icon under the Action column for your desired poll.