YuJa Engage allows instructors to activate live polls, which can be shared with their students. Please follow the steps below to learn how to manage live polls.
Activating Your Poll
Once a poll has been created, you may activate the Poll from the Home dashboard.
- Log in to YuJa Engage.
- From the Home dashboard, a list of Polls will be displayed within the Recently Modified Polls panel.
- Click the Activate button for the Poll you wish to share.
- If your institution has integrated YuJa Engage with their LMS (Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Ultra Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle), you may activate the Poll to your course and automatically have results synced with the LMS gradebook after a Poll is completed. Simply select Activate within a course, and choose the course from the drop-down menu.
- If your institution still needs to integrate YuJa Engage with their LMS, or you wish to activate the Poll without a course, select Activate without a course.
- Finally, select how you'd like questions released to students:
- Let me choose when to release questions
- Release all questions together
- Click Activate to begin your Poll.
- You can also share saved Polls from the Action column in the Polls tab by clicking the Activate icon.
- From the Share Poll Dashboard, the Poll Code panel provides the following options to allow students to participate in the Poll:
- QR Code: Click on the QR code to download it as a PNG image. Participants can then scan the QR code to access the Poll.
- Poll Code: Students can download the YuJa Engage mobile app and enter the 6-digit Poll code.
- Direct Link: Instructors can click the Link button to obtain a direct link to the Poll for students to access.
- As students join the Poll, they'll appear in the Activity Feed panel.
Sharing All Poll Questions
All questions in a Poll can be shared to allow participants to complete the Poll within the allocated time.
- Once all participants have joined, within the Questions panel, click the Release Poll button to share all questions. The timer at the top-right of the screen will indicate how much time participants have to complete the Poll.
- As questions are completed, you may click the View Question 1 button to view results within the Responses and Participants panel.
- Within the View Question mode, you can review the correct answer by enabling Show Correct Answer.
- Use the Arrow buttons to switch between questions.
- If you want to end the Poll immediately and have the results saved, click the Stop Poll button in the top-right corner of the screen. Otherwise, wait for the timer to complete.
- Once the timer has finished, the timer will display a Poll Done message for a few seconds, indicating that the Poll has been completed and saved. You can now exit the page.
Sharing Individual Poll Questions
Individual Poll questions can be shared for participants to complete one at a time.
- Once all participants have joined, within the Questions panel, click the Arrow buttons to navigate to the question you wish to share.
- Click the Release Question button. The timer at the top-right of the question panel will indicate how much time participants have to complete the question.
- As participants complete the question, results can be viewed in the Responses and Participants panels.
- You can view the correct answer by enabling the Show Correct Answer toggle.
- Click the Stop Question button if you'd like to end the question before the timer. Otherwise, wait for the timer to finish.
- Once a question has ended, you may click the arrow buttons to move between questions and share a new one. Once all questions have been shared, you may exit the page.