By default, the YuJa Software Capture application requires capture cards and cameras to utilize the Microsoft Media Foundation engine for their recordings. Some software, capture cards, and cameras do not yet support Microsoft Media Foundation for recording. If users require the use of unsupported hardware or software, they can manually switch to Microsoft DirectShow in the YuJa Software Capture settings.
Enable Microsoft DirectShow in YuJa Software Capture for PC
- Log in to the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform.
- At the top of the screen, select Create Recording.
- Choose Record from your Windows PC or Mac, then click Start.
- Alternatively, you could launch the YuJa Software Capture desktop application.
- Once the app launches, click on the Gear icon in the top-right corner to bring up the Application Settings.
- Under the Configuration tab, make sure that Microsoft DirectShow is enabled.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
- The application will automatically relaunch with Microsoft DirectShow enabled.
Legacy Engine may not be as stable as Microsoft Media Foundation and Microsoft DirectShow. It also does not support dynamic source-switching during recordings, uses more system resources, and connections are not as stable.