The YuJa Software Capture utilizes the built-in hardware encoding capability of a computer. On some specific computers, it may be preferable to use the software-encoding capabilities instead.
Enabling Software Encoding
Before accessing the System Settings, please ensure that no active recording sessions are in progress.
- Launch the YuJa Software Capture application, and click the Gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the System Settings tab from the top row, and then click RUN AS ADMIN.
- The Software Capture application will restart once given administrative privileges.
- Navigate back to the System Settings tab, and check Use alternate rendering mode.
- Click the Save button to restart the Software Capture application and enable software encoding automatically.
Please note processing times for software encoding will take longer than hardware encoding.