The YuJa Software Capture application can be installed to the ribbon in Microsoft PowerPoint. The Add-In will allow users to automatically sync the start and end of their recording with their presentation. To learn how to add YuJa Software Capture into Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows PC, please follow the steps below.
Adding the YuJa Software Capture Ribbon to PowerPoint
Before beginning the integration process, ensure that you have downloaded the latest installation for the YuJa Software Capture application and Microsoft PowerPoint. To learn how, please visit our support guide on Installing the Software Capture for PC.
- Launch the YuJa Software Capture application, and click the Gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the PowerPoint tab from the top row, and then click Download.
- Next, click YuJa PowerPoint Installer.msi to integrate YuJa Software Capture with PowerPoint.
- Click Save to complete the integration process.
Using the YuJa Software Capture Ribbon
Once the above integration process is complete, the YuJa Software Capture Add-In will be available for Microsoft PowerPoint. To learn how to record PowerPoint presentations using the Software Capture ribbon, follow the steps below.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint, and select YuJa from the top row.
- If an active YuJa Software Capture session is not running, click Sign in from the top-left corner to log in to YuJa Software Capture.
- In your Recording Settings, select your recording Profile and enter a Title for your recording.
- For your Configuration, select if you would like to start the recording as soon as you begin your presentation and if you would like to end your recording once your presentation is over.
- If Start recording when the presentation begins has been checked, and you would like to begin your recording, Select the Slide Show tab from the top row.
- Click From beginning or From Current Slide to begin your presentation and recording.
- A countdown will appear before your recording begins.
- If End recording when the presentation ends is checked, simply exist out of your presentation to end your recording session.
- You will be notified with the following display stating your recording has ended. If you would like to save your recording, click Save to have your recording uploaded to the Video Platform.
Troubleshooting the YuJa Software Capture Plugin
If you're experiencing trouble with YuJa Software Capture ribbon, uninstall YuJa Software Capture from your computer and follow the steps below.
- Open PowerPoint and click on Options.
- Click the Add-ins tab.
- Ensure that COM Add-ins is selected at the bottom of the window and click Go....
- Select YuJa Software Capture for PC - PowerPoint Add-On. Click Remove and then click OK.
- Next, uninstall YuJa Software Capture for PC - PowerPoint Add-On from your computer.
- Press the Windows Key and search add or remove programs.
- Click Add or remove programs on the left side of the Search window.
- Locate YuJa Software Capture for PC - PowerPoint Add-On and click the three dots on the right-hand side.
- Click Uninstall.
- From there, reinstall YuJa Software Capture, then repeat the steps in the first section.