YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring allows Instructors to assign proctored exams to students. Moodle Administrators must integrate YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring within Moodle LTI 1.3 before Instructors and Students can utilize the tool.
Adding YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring to Moodle
Admins can integrate YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring in Moodle by adding a plugin for their institution.
- Log in to Moodle as an Admin, and click Site administration from the left side menu.
- Select the Plugins tab from the top row, and then click External tool.
- Click Manage tools.
- Click Configure a tool manually.
- Enter the information for the tool as seen below.
- Tool name: YuJa Verity
- Tool URL: https://zone1.verity.yuja.com/lti/1.3
- LTI Version: LTI 1.3
- Public key type: Keyset URL
- Public keyset: https://zone1.verity.yuja.com/jwks
- Initiate login URL: https://zone1.verity.yuja.com/lti/1.3/login
- Redirection URL(s): https://zone1.verity.yuja.com/lti/1.3
- Custom Parameters:
- Check content-item Message.
- IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: Use this service for grade sync and column management.
- IMS LTI Names and Role Provisioning: Use this service to retrieve members' information as per privacy settings.
- Tool settings: Use this service.
- Share launcher's name with tool: Always.
- Share launcher's email with tool: Always.
- Accept grades from the new tool: Always.
- Check Force SSL.
Enabling the YuJa Verity LTI Link
Once your Customer Success Manager has completed the integration process, you may enable the Verity LTI link for any course of your choosing.
- Log in to Moodle as an Admin or Instructor, and select the course you wish to add the LTI link to.
- Click Turn editing on in the upper-right corner.
- Click Add an activity or resource, and then click the YuJa Verity LTI link.
- Click on the newly added YuJa Verity link.
- Click Download Extension to install the YuJa Verity extension for Moodle.
Prevent Students from Accessing Moodle Quizzes without YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring Enabled
Admins can install a plugin within their Moodle instance to monitor the YuJa Verity Chrome extension. With the plugin enabled, Students will not be able to access YuJa Verity quizzes unless the YuJa Verity Chrome extension is installed. If this feature is not enabled by the Admin, Students will be able to access Verity quizzes without YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring. Before proceeding with the following steps to enable this feature, ensure that you have received the yujaverity.zip plugin file from your Customer Success Manager.
- Log in to Moodle as an Admin.
- Click Site administration.
- From the top row, select the Plugins tab, and then click Install plugins.
- Click Choose a file.
- Locate and upload the yujaverity.zip file received from your Customer Success Manager.
- Click Upload this file.
- Click Show more.
- From the Plugin type drop-down menu, select Quiz/Access rule (quizaccess)
- Click Install plugin from the ZIP file.
- Click Continue.
- On the next page, Moodle will run server checks for your Moodle environment. Once all server checks have passed, scroll down and click Continue to complete the plugin installation process.
- Your Moodle instance will now check for the YuJa Verity Chrome extension before Students begin a YuJa Verity proctored exam.