This document provides instructions on integrating the YuJa Panorama Platform into your Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS). If you have questions regarding any steps in this process, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
Installing the Blackboard REST Integration
The first step in the integration process is to allow the YuJa API to access course data.
- Log into Blackboard as a System Admin, and click on the Admin option from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Under Integrations select REST API Integrations.
- Click on the Create Integration button.
- Fill in the details as follows.
- Application ID: 3a786e8b-d25e-4b52-9ebe-5556472822d1
- Learn User: Any user with administrative privileges (to get all the course information)
- End User Access: Yes
- Authorized To Act As User: Service Default (No)
- Click Submit to complete the installation.
- Ensure that the application is available by viewing your installation under Rest API Integrations.
Configuring the Panorama User Role
These steps will allow the Administrator to set up a Panorama Role for users to configure the Panorama settings without giving them System Admins access.
- Log into Blackboard Ultra as an Administrator, then go to Admin and select System Roles.
- Select Create Role.
- Enter the following information below and click Submit.
- On the following page, search for all the privileges below and change their status to Permit Privileges.
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Courses
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Courses > Edit > Enrollments
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Courses > Edit > Course Properties
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Terms
- Administrator Panel (Users) > Users
- Administrator Panel (Users) > Users > Edit > View Course Enrollments
- Administrator Panel (Organizations) > Organizations > Edit > Enrollments
- Course/Organization (Content Areas) > Advanced: Adaptive Release > View
- Course/Organization (Content Areas) > View Material Settings
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Evaluation) > Performance Dashboard
- Read-only access to the Content System filesystem
- Once the role is configured, go back to the Administrator Tools and click on Users.
- Search for the user you want to assign this role to.
- Then click on the icon for the drop-down menu, and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the System Roles section, then assign the Panorama Role to the user.
- Click Submit to apply the change.
Installing the YuJa Panorama LTI for Reports and Metrics
The last step will be installing the YuJa Panorama LTI to generate reports and metrics for each course as well as the whole institution.
- Log into Blackboard Ultra as an Administrator, then go to Admin.
- Under Integrations, select LTI Tool Providers.
- Select Register LTI 1.1 Provider.
- Under Provider Domain Status, input panorama-api.yuja.com and set the status to Approved.
- Scroll down to Default Configuration and fill out the following information. Click Submit when done.
- Default Configuration: Set globally
- Tool Provider Key: LTI Consumer Key received from your YuJa Customer Success Manager
- Tool Provider Secret: Secret LTI Key received from your YuJa Customer Success Manager
- Send User Data: Send user data only over SSL
- Allow Member Ship Service Access: No
- Show User Acknowledgement Message: No
- Click on the Option Menus icon located next to the newly installed Panorama LTI Tool.
- Select Manage Placements.
- Then select Create Placement.
- Fill in the information as shown below.
- Label: Panorama
- Handle: Panorama LTI
- Availability: Yes
- Type: Course Tool - Allow Student Access
- Next, scroll down to the Tool Provider Information and fill in the following information. Click Submit once done.
- Tool Provider URL: https://panorama-api.yuja.com/lti/lti-app
- Tool Provider Custom Parameters: Enter these three parameters without the quotation marks on three separate lines: "user_id=@X@user.pk_string@X@", "system_role=@X@user.role@X@" and "course_pk=@X@course.pk_string@X@"
- Administrators now will have the ability to access the Panorama LTI and choose which course to have Panorama enabled.
- Select a course you wish to add Panorama to and ensure Edit Mode, in the top-right corner, is toggled to ON.
- Click the Plus (+) icon located in the navigation menu, and select Course Link.
- Click Browse, and select the Panorama tool created earlier.
- Check Available to Users, and click on Submit to add Panorama to the course.
- To access the Course Accessibility report, select the Panorama tool added, and navigate to the Course Reporting tab.
- To access the Institution Accessibility report, navigate to the Institution Reporting tab.