Once you're ready to begin your proctored quiz, you will need to access Canvas through one of the following browsers supported by Verity: Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Brave. For the most reliable proctoring session, we recommend using Google Chrome. If not already installed, please download Google Chrome.
Accessing Your Verity Proctored Assessment
- Log in to your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle) and click the Verity LTI link located within your course.
- Note: If you cannot find the Verity LTI link, please reach out to your instructor.
- From the left-side navigation menu, under Proctored Tools, select Automated Proctoring and ensure the Extension Setup tab is selected.
- You will need to complete the first three steps to authenticate yourself before you can access your proctored assessment.
- Ensure you're on a supported browser.
- Install the Verity extension.
- Enable Incognito mode for the extension.
- After completing the steps above, navigate to and select the Verity-enabled assessment that has been made available by your instructor.
- Once your assessment has been selected, Verity will apply the General restrictions your instructor has set. Please resolve any outstanding requirements and click Next.
- You will be required to confirm your camera and microphone selection. Use the drop-down menus to adjust the default selections if desired, and then click Confirm.
- Next, select the screen you will be taking your assessment on.
- Check Share system audio.
- Then click Share.
- Click Next.
- If ID Verification has been enabled, you will need to hold up your institution or government-issued ID card to the webcam. Ensure the card is centered and wait for Verity to automatically scan the card.
- Note: If your ID card is unable to be identified, select VERIFY MANUALLY to capture and upload your ID card.
- Next, position the front of your face to the webcam and wait for Verity to detect your face.
- Note: If your face is unable to be identified, select VERIFY MANUALLY to capture and upload an image of your face.
- Click Next.
- You're all set! Click Begin Assessment to start your online proctor session.
Ending Your Verity Proctored Assessment
Follow the steps below once you're ready to end your proctor session.