Creating a Sub-Admin Role for Caption Editing
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator and navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu, and select the Organization tab.
- Under the menu heading, select Create Sub-Admin Role.
- Under Sub-Admin Role Name: add a nickname to the Sub-Admin role type.
- Under Organization Level: select the specific Sub-Organization that the Sub-Admin should be allocated to.
- Under Enabled Admin Panel Tabs: click on the minus (-) sign for any Admin Panel suites that this particular Sub-Admin role should not have access to.
- Under Available Roles: click on the plus (+) sign for Caption Edit.
- Once you have configured the applicable suites, select Save.
Assigning Sub-Admin Roles
Once the Sub-Admin role is created, it must be assigned to an active user on the Video Platform.
- Navigate back to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu. Hover your mouse over the left-side menu to cause it to expand. From the list of options, select Roster.
- Find the active user from the Roster, and click on their User ID.
- When the User ID menu expands, select the pencil icon to edit user info.
- On the User Type: drop-down, select the applicable Sub-Admin role type.
- Select Confirm. Once the user logs into the Video Platform, they will see all allowed content associated with the Sub-Admin role.
Sharing Videos with Sub-Admins for Captioning
Viewing Status of Video
Admins can view the status of videos shared for caption requests in the Accessibility tab.
- Navigate back to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu. Hover your mouse over the left-side menu to cause it to expand. From the list of options, select Accessibility.
- Under Status of Assigned Caption Users Requests Admins can view the videos that have been shared for captioning. This includes the Owner of the video, Status of caption completion, and the assigned user for editing captions