YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring allows instructors to assign proctored quizzes to students. Students can access and take the quizzes directly in the LMS. YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring ensures the security of student quizzes taken from remote locations and gives instructors the ability to curate the test-taking experience to ensure the integrity of the quiz.
Setting Up YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring
All first-time users will need to download the YuJa Verity browser plugin.
- To download the Verity plugin, access Canvas through any one of the supported browsers for Verity: Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Brave. For the most reliable proctoring session, we recommend using Google Chrome.
- In Canvas, click the YuJa Verity link from the course navigation menu.
- Click Link to install YuJa Verity Plugin to access the Chrome Web Store and download the plugin.
Setting Up a Test Proctoring Quiz
Instructors have the option to require students to utilize YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring for any quiz. Test Proctoring works in conjunction with Canvas Quizzes. Please note: to enable YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring for new quizzes, a quiz must first be created before enabling Verity.
- Before creating a proctored quiz, select YuJa Verity to authenticate yourself.
- Your authentication will be complete once you see the Successfully Installed message. If using YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring for the first time, please download the YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring browser plugin.
- Access the Quizzes tab and click + Quiz.
- You can curate your quizzes by adding questions via the Questions tab.
- After all questions have been inserted, you can select Enable YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring to turn on proctoring.
- Select the YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring tab that is now available to set up the proctoring experience.
- Under the quiz settings for YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring, select which of the following features you would like enabled.
- Record Video: Record the student's test environment through their video camera.
- Record Audio: Record the student's audio through their connected microphone.
- Record Web Traffic: Record the sites and URLs visited during the test.
- Only One Screen: students can only have one monitor connected.
- Disable New Tab: students will be unable to open tabs once the test has started.
- Close Open Tabs: students must close all tabs before beginning the test.
- Disabled Clipboard: students won't be able to take screenshots or save them to the clipboard
- ID Verification - Students must show their ID to the web camera. This will be recorded and can be viewed by those reviewing the quiz.
- Once the desired settings have been chosen, check I understand, I will not be able to change settings once the exam has started.
- Finally, you may either click Save & Publish to have your proctored quiz published, or click the Save button to continue editing your proctored quiz.
Reviewing a Test Proctored Quiz
As Students complete their proctored quizzes, Instructors can begin reviewing the attempts and submissions.
- In the Quizzes tab, locate the applicable quiz. Click on the three dots on the right-hand side to open the drop-down of additional options.
- Select YuJa Verity.
- The Results table provides a list of all Students who attempted the quiz.
- To narrow your results, click the filter adjustment icon to the left of the search bar.
- Select the filters you wish to view and click Apply.
- Under the View column, click View Details for any Student to review the recorded proctored session.
- From the Select Attempt drop-down menu, select the attempt you would like to review.
- Click Play Session to view the recording.
- If ID verification was enabled for the quiz, click View ID Verification to see the Student's ID.