An Administrator can integrate the Extron SMP 350 series device with the Video Platform to enable automatic recordings, live stream events and media management.
Before starting the integration, please ensure that the following criteria is met:
- Flex OS App ver 1.00 is installed
- Cert is loaded for HTTPS authentication: https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem.
- Link License is installed
- Token key from you is acquired and set to the SMP
- SMP name entered on the SMP includes ‘alphanumeric’ text,
not just numeric text
Registering Your Extron SMP 350 Device
- Download FW and Flex OS App. Go to the SMP 351 Product page on Extron.com and click the Downloads tab to locate the files. Make sure the FW is version 3.04 and Flex OS App ver 1.00. Please note the release notes .pdf for each file download.
- Access SMP Imbedded page for FW update. Under the Configuration tab
navigate to the Systems Settings tab and scroll down to Firmware and License Loader. Load FW ver 3.04 file .eff and clear your browser cache after FW update.
- Access SMP Imbedded page for Flex OS update. Under the Configuration tab navigate to the Advanced Features tab, access FLEX OS Apps and load Flex OS App 1.00. It will appear as a loaded App named YuJa when complete.
- Access SMP Imbedded page for FW update by downloading a cert that can be loaded onto
the SMP. Cert loaded for HTTPS authentication can be downloaded here: https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem. Use File Upload Utility to load the cacert.pem file.
- Download Yuja Link License File by accessing https://www.extron.com/download/linklicense.aspx. Yuja Enhanced Feature Link License is ordered direct from Extron 79-2566-01. Redemption codes and instructions will be emailed to the recipient. The URL will direct to the Extron Link License Redemption page and one redemption code per SMP is provided.
- Access SMP Imbedded page to apply Link License. Under the Configuration tab, navigate to the Systems Settings tab and scroll down to Firmware and License Loader. Load Link License file obtained from Link License download center on prior step.
- Access SMP Imbedded page to confirm Link License. Under the Configuration tab navigate to the Systems Settings tab and access the Unit Identification tab as shown. A name and location can be given to the SMP at this time. This normally is the dept and/ or room number the SMP is located.
- Access SMP Imbedded page to set up YuJa. Under the Scheduled events tab, click the Schedule Settings tab and locate Yuja server and registration key. Under a new browser tab, access the campus Yuja account as shown on next slide.
- In the Admin Panel, click the Platform tab and locate API. Generate a registration key, copy it and paste it over to the registration key entry on the SMP Schedule Tab.
- Access SMP Imbedded page to set up YuJa. Under the Scheduled events tab, navigate to the Schedule Settings tab and enter YuJa server, Login ID and API Token. Click Test server to verify connection and ‘Save’ the settings on the SMP by pressing the Save button.
- Access SMP with YuJa Device Management Dashboard. Press Refresh and the named SMP should
appear as a Device resource in Admin Panel, Devices. If the SMP does not have a Link License it will appear here but shown as Disconnected.
- SMP Streaming Settings. Under Configuration tab, navigate to the Encoding & Layout tab and scroll down to encoding settings on the Archive Stream. Toggle Streaming Method of PUSH, ensure auto start check box is NOT selected, and set. The streaming server URL and stream key will auto populate based on an event set up with the YuJa schedule.