The first step to ensure that students can retrieve Alternative Formats from course documents that are processed through Panorama, they will need to install the Browser plugin.
Installing the Browser Extension on Chromium Based Browsers
- To download the YuJa Panorama extension, login to Blackboard and select a Panorama-enabled course. Then, from the left-side panel, click on Panorama.
- This will direct you to the LTI application. At the top of your screen, select User Setup.
- This will display the official browser plugin that will identify and scan your documents.
- Once the plugin is installed, the setup is complete! All documents currently attached to Blackboard provide students with their required Alternative Formats for download within the browser.
For best performance, we recommend installing the extension only on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers.
Accessing Alternative Formats
Alternative Formats are generated on your documents automatically and do not require any extra configuration or editing in Blackboard on your behalf.
- Once the user finds the course document, there will be an Alternative Formats icon to the right of the document title.
- Click on the Alternative Formats icon to display the list of available resources.
- Below is the list of available Panorama Alternative Formats:
- Source File: View the document in its original format, suitable for download viewing.
- PDF: View the document in PDF format, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- High Contrast: View the document in an HTML high contrast format, suitable for both online and download viewing in a low light environment.
- Text to Speech: View the document in an HTML format with audio playback, suitable for both online and download listening.
- Text File: View the document in a pure text format without any formatting styles, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- EPUB: View the document in the ebook format, suitable for any ebook reader application.
- Braille: View the document in the braille format, suitable for download viewing (a braille reader is required).
- Audio Podcast: Audio playback for documents, suitable for both online and download listening.
- Language Translation: Translate a document automatically to over 100 languages, suitable for download viewing.