The first step to ensure that students can retrieve Alternative Formats from course documents that are processed through Panorama, they will need to install the Browser plugin.
- From the D2L course navigation bar, find and click on Panorama.
- On the next page, you will find the Panorama console. Click on the tab on the left-hand side titled User Setup.
- Click on YuJa Panorama Extension. This will display the official browser plugin that will identify and scan your documents.
- Once the plugin is installed, the setup is complete! All documents currently attached to D2L provide students with their required Alternative Formats for download within the browser.
For best performance, we recommend installing the extension only on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers.
Accessing Alternative Formats
Alternative Formats are generated on your documents automatically and do not require any extra configuration or editing in D2L on your behalf.
- Once the user finds the course document, there will be an Alternative Formats icon to the right of the document title.
- Click on the Alternative Formats icon to display the list of available resources.
- Below is the list of available Panorama Alternative Formats:
- Source File: View the document in its original format, suitable for download viewing.
- PDF: View the document in PDF format, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- Immersive Reader: Allows for customizations to text preferences, grammar options, and reading preferences while following along with the audio playback.
- Text File: View the document in a pure text format without any formatting styles, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- EPUB: View the document in the ebook format, suitable for any ebook reader application.
- Braille: View the document in the braille format, suitable for download viewing (a braille reader is required).
- Audio Podcast: Audio playback for documents, suitable for both online and download listening.
- Math Formats: Convert documents containing math equations into LaTeX, clear text (i.e. numbers and symbols to words), or MP3 files.
- LaTeX: Convert documents into LaTeX document format.
- Math Text (ClearSpeak): Convert documents into printed English, including numbers and symbols.
- ClearSpeak Audio: Convert documents to MP3.
- Language Translation: Translate a document automatically to over 100 languages, which can be downloaded.