To support organizations' efforts to provide accessibility to all individuals, Panorama has expanded its scope beyond the borders of the LMS environment and allows alternative formats to be delivered on files within any website. To utilize this feature, Web Administrator access must be available to apply edits to a website's HTML document.
Enabling Website Accessibility on Panorama
To configure Website Accessibility, Administrators will need to enable the setting through the LTI application.
Configuring the Panorama Website Accessibility Tool
After Website Accessibility is enabled, users who have Web Administrator access can start the installation process on the desired webpage.
- Select the Website Accessibility tab located on the toolbar of the Panorama page to access the Website Accessibility page.
- Under Icon Placement, set the position of where you would like the icon to be placed on your website.
- Under Domain, add the domains where you would like to install the Panorama Website Accessibility tool.
- Click Add to insert the domain under the Domain URL list.
- Click Save Changes and follow the directions listed on the Installation section of the page.
- Navigate to the website where you've enabled the Panorama Website Accessibility tool.
- Select the Website Accessibility icon located on the page to access the Website Accessibility Overview options available.
With the first instance of the script running on your website, the Panorama Website Accessibility tool may take 10-15 seconds to initialize.
Website Accessibility Overview
Website Accessibility offers users several options to adjust the content and color of their webpage. They can either make adjustments in the Content or Color tabs, or choose a Profile which will automatically set the website to suit their specific needs. Once satisfied with their results, Content Creators can save their adjustments for future use.
- Below is a list of all the profiles found in the Accessibility Profiles tab.
- Motor Impaired: Choose to Pause Animations.
- Color Blind: Alter the color palette by setting High Contrast and Medium Saturation.
- Dyslexia: Focus attention on crucial sections of the website by activating Dyslexia Font and Pause Animations.
- Visually Impaired: Enhance the website visuals and increase the size of text and graphics.
- Cognitive & Learning: Increase the size of text, create borders around titles, headings, and links, and activate the Reading Guide.
- ADHD: Reduce or eliminate distractions and enable the Reading Mask, which spotlights targeted areas of the website.
- Seizure & Epileptic: Eliminate blinking, flashing, or flickering visuals as well as certain color combinations.
- Below is the list of customizable features offered in the Content Adjustment tab.
- Content Spacing: Choose to add light, moderate, or heavy horizontal spacing to your content. For more precise adjustments, select the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the feature to adjust horizontal spacing using a slider.
- Font Sizing: Adjust font-sizing on your website by selecting to apply small, medium, or large font sizes. For more precise adjustments, select the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the feature to adjust font size using a slider.
- Line Height: Choose to add vertical spacing to your content by selecting one of the three levels of adjustments. For more precise adjustments, select the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the feature to adjust vertical spacing using a slider.
- Letter Spacing: Choose to add light, moderate, or heavy letter spacing to your content. For more precise adjustments, select the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the feature to adjust letter spacing using a slider.
- Readable Fonts: Apply a different font to your website by selecting between Arial, Times, Tahoma, and Comic Sans fonts.
- Alignment: Select to align your text content to the left, right, or center.
- Cursor: Select to increase the size of your cursor.
- Hide Images: Select to hide all images on your webpage.
- Pause Animations: Select to pause all animations on your webpage.
- Reading Mask: Choose to focus on a specific area on the webpage.
- Reading Guide: Choose to focus on a specific line on the webpage.
- The Color Adjustment tab offers the following features.
- Contrast: Choose to adjust the contrast of the website between dark, light, and high contrast.
- Saturation: Choose to adjust the saturation of the webpage between low, medium, and high.
- Monochrome: Select to remove all colors from the webpage.
- Text, Title, and Background Colors: Choose to adjust the color for your text, title, and background by selecting the desired colors and their opacity from the Gear icon.
- Highlight and/or Outline Titles, Links, and Buttons: Select to add highlights and outlines to your titles, links, and buttons by selecting your desired color and it's opacity from the Gear icon.