An Administrator can enable the integration of Matrox's Monarch LCS device with the Video Platform to enable automatic recordings, live stream events and media management.
Registering Your Matrox Monarch LCS Device
- Login as an Administrator and select the Devices tab from the Admin Panel.
- From the top-right corner, click on Register Device. Then, from the drop-down menu, select Register Matrox Device.
- A window titled Register Matrox Device will appear. Enter a personalized device name in the designated textbox. Once you've entered a name, click Register.
- Once you've clicked Register, a window titled SFTP Details will appear. Copy the SFTP Username and SFTP Password.
- Your iCal Events URL will be provided to you by your Customer Success Analyst during your onboarding.
Creating a Profile in Matrox
- Login to Matrix Monarch as an Administrator. On the bottom left, click on the Settings tab.
- At the top-left, click on the Production tab. Enter your Operating Mode, Video, and Audio preferences.
- Once you have entered in your Production preferences, click on the Encoder tab.
- Beside Mode, click on the second-drop down menu from the right, and select Open Capture.
- Then, enter in the rest of your Channel preferences. Once you are done, click Apply on the very left of the page.
- Once you click Apply, you will receive a pop-up message indicating that your settings have been applied. Click OK.
- Click on the Save/Load tab.
- Review your settings. Once you are satisfied, click on Save at the bottom of the page.
- Once you click Save, a window titled Save Current Settings will appear. Enter a personalized name for your profile in the text box beside Rename. Then click Save.
Integrating the Video Platform with Matrox's Monarch LCS Hardware
- Click on the Device tab from the left side of the page.
- Then, at the top-left, click on Account.
- Ensure that Device name is set to MonarchLCS.
- Next, at the top-right, click on Scheduler. Click on the drop-down menu under Load Schedule and click From URL.
- In the long text box located in the middle, paste the iCal Events URL provided to you by your Customer Success Analyst.
- Then click on the File Management tab. Under the Source and Destination heading, paste the SFTP Username and SFTP Password in the Username and Password textbox.
- In the Port textbox, enter 22.
- On the same page, scroll down to Automatic File Management. Here, admins will be able to determine the uploading and deleting schedule preferences of recorded files.
- To setup uploading preferences, click on the dropdown menu at the top. The first option, transfer files when Monarch is idle, will transfer files automatically whenever the hardware is not in use.
- Users may prefer to schedule the uploading of their files. To do so, click on Scheduled from the dropdown menu. Then, enter your timing preferences in the Start time and Stop time textboxes.
- Once you have entered your uploading preferences, select your deleting preferences.
- Click Apply on the left-side of the page to save your settings.
Scheduling Your Sessions Via Devices
- Locate your Matrox Monarch LCS device in the Devices tab. Once you've located it, click on the arrow icon. Then, click on the Schedule Session icon.
- A window will appear that will allow you to enter information related to your session(s). In Capture Title and Capture Description, enter the title of your event and a description on the content that will be discussed.
- Under Publish Location, select the course where you would like your recording(s) to be uploaded.
- If you do not want captions to be generated for your capture session, check the Disable Auto Captioning option.
- Under Date, include the date on which your session will take place and enter the exact time under the Start Time text box.
- Under Length, enter how long your session will be.
- Under Repeat? Select Yes or No to determine if this is a recurring session. If you select Yes, a window titled Repeat Details will appear.
- Under Repeat Frequency, select the frequency your sessions will occur. If you select either Daily or Weekly, you will be asked to enter the number of weeks or days your sessions will span.
- If you selected Weekly, you will be asked to enter in the specific day(s) your session will take place every week.
- Under End Condition, you have two options to select from to indicate when the sessions will end. The first option is to specify a date. This can be done by highlighting the On option and entering in the date your sessions will cease.
- The second option is to highlight "After...Occurrences". In the designated text box, enter the number of sessions after which you no longer require recording services. Then, click Ok.
- Once you click Ok, you will be redirected to the previous window. Under Send Copy of Schedule, enter the name of the user(s) who will receive a copy of the schedule of your session(s). The designated text box on the right will display a list of the name(s) of the individual(s) you intend on sharing your schedule with. If you wish to remove a user, click on the X icon on the top left corner of the users' name.
- Under Create a Placeholder?, users can select if they would like a placeholder to be created for their sessions. The placeholder serves as a template in the Media Library which is where the recordings will be uploaded.
- Once all the information is entered, click on Add to Schedule.