An Administrator can enable the integration of Epiphan Video's Pearl device with the Video Platform to enable automatic recordings, live stream events, and media management. This guide details how to set up the integration on Epiphan Video's interface and on the Video Platform.
Setting Up the YuJa Integration on Epiphan
- To integrate Epiphan Video's Pearl hardware with the Video Platform, log in to Epiphan Video as an Administrator. Click on Event.
- From the left-hand side, select CMS under Configuration
- From the drop-down menu under Choose CMS, select YuJa.
- Once you select YuJa, you will be directed to another page. Under YuJa Settings, enter your YuJa Service URL, Authentication Token, user ID, and Device Name. Then, click Apply.
- Once you click Apply, your device will be registered and will be visible on YuJa's platform via Devices in the Admin Panel.
Registering Your Profile
Once you've registered your device, you will now be able to register your profile.
- Select your preferred profile from the drop-down menu beside Select a Profile.
- Or, to create a profile, click on Create New.
- A pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm your decision, select OK.
- In Profile Name, enter a custom name for your profile.
- Select the Channel Configuration.
- If your event(s) will be live-streamed, check the Enable Live Streaming option.
- You can also make edits to existing profiles by selecting a profile from the dropdown menu besides Select Profile, and make your adjustments under the Policy Configuration.
- Under Upload Settings, Epiphan allows users to input information if they would like to set a scheduled uploading of their recorded videos.
Scheduling a Session via YuJa
Once your device and profile have been registered, you will be able to schedule sessions on YuJa.
- In the Video Platform, access the Devices tab via the Admin Panel.
- Locate your registered Pearl device and click Schedule Session.
- A window will appear that will allow you to enter information related to your session(s). In Capture Title and Capture Description, enter the title of your event and a description on the content that will be discussed.
- Under Publish Location, select the course where you would like your recording(s) to be uploaded.
- If you do not want captions to be generated for your capture session, check the Disable Auto Captioning option.
- Under Date, include the date on which your session will take place and enter the exact time under the Start Time text box.
- Under Length, enter how long your session will be.
- Under Repeat? Select Yes or No to determine if this is a recurring session. If you select Yes, a window titled Repeat Details will appear.
- Under Repeat Frequency, select the frequency your sessions will occur. If you select either Daily or Weekly, you will be asked to enter the number of weeks or days your sessions will span.
- If you selected Weekly, you will be asked to enter the specific day(s) your session will take place every week.
- Under End Condition, you have two options to select from to indicate when the sessions will end. The first option is to specify a date. This can be done by highlighting the On option and entering in the date your sessions will cease.
- The second option is to highlight "After...Occurrences". In the designated text box, enter the number of sessions after which you no longer require recording services. Then, click Ok.
- Once you click Ok, you will be redirected to the previous window. Under Send Copy of Schedule, enter the name of the user(s) who will receive a copy of the schedule of your session(s). The designated text box on the right will display a list of the name(s) of the individual(s) you intend on sharing your schedule with. If you wish to remove a user, click on the X icon in the top left corner of the user's name.
- Once all the information is entered, click on Add to Schedule.