Administrators can archive content within the Video Platform by creating policies via the Data Management tab in the Admin Panel. The policies will identify applicable content. Administrators can choose to exclude select files from being archived.
Exclude Content From a User Inside A Policy
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator and access the Data Management tab from the Main Menu.
- Under Data Policy, click on Create New Policy.
- Inside the Policy Creator, enter a Policy Name.
- Then, from the drop-down menu under Add a Rule, select the rule that you want to make for your Policy. Then, click Add Rule.
- Under Add a Rule, select Exclude Users from the drop-down menu. Specify the user(s) whose content you wish to exclude under Exclude Content Added By. Then, click Add Rule.
- Click Save.
- Once the new Policy is saved, click on Run Policy.
- To Bulk Archive files, highlight the specific files, or, to transfer all files, click on Select All That Match Policy.
- Click on Bulk Archive.
- Once you select Bulk Archive, a warning message will appear asking you to confirm your decision. Confirm your decision by checking the box at the bottom of the window. Then, click Yes.
- Once you select Yes, a window titled Archive Media will appear. Under Select Archive, select the location of the files you are archiving from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Archive Folder Name and confirm your decision by checking the box at the bottom of the window. Then, click Bulk Archive.
- To locate your archived content folder in Himalayas, select the Himalayas tab from the Main Menu.
- To locate the files archived in the Enterprise Video Platform, login to the Media Library of the user whose account your folder has been archived.
Bulk Exclude a Video From an Existing Policy
Administrators have the ability to Bulk Exclude content from a Policy.