Creating a Media Placeholder for a scheduled event will allow users to edit the media's details, adding metadata, or obtain links to the media in advance.
Creating a Media Placeholder for Scheduled Events
Administrators can choose to enable the option to create a Media Placeholder for scheduled events of any registered devices.
- Log into the Video Platform as an Administrator, then go to the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the Devices tab to find the list of all registered devices.
- Click on the name of a registered device to expand the list of all available tools.
- Select View Device Calendar to edit any existing events, or click Schedule Session to create a new one.
- Input the event details.
- Select Yes for Create Placeholder?
- Once the event is added to the calendar, the Media Placeholder thumbnail will show up under the owner's Media Collection.
Using the Media Placeholder
Once the Media Placeholder has been created, Content Creators will have the ability to publish, share, or update the media's details before the event starts.
- Click the Manage Media button to navigate to My Media.
- Hover over the thumbnail of the Media Placeholder.
- Below is the list of available actions for a Media Placeholder:
- Publish: Publish the scheduled event to a Media Channel.
- Share: Share the scheduled event with either another user.
- More: Edit the media details, add metadata, or get the link to the media to the scheduled event.