This document provides instructions on integrating the Panorama Platform into your D2L Learning Management System (LMS). If you have any questions regarding any steps in this process, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager. The below steps will allow you to make the Panorama Platform an accessibility tool for all D2L courses.
Generating Access Tokens for Panorama - LMS Connector
The YuJa Panorama - LMS Connector requires an Access Token to be generated in order to access the API provided by D2L. To obtain the key, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to D2L as an administrator.
- Click on the Admin Tools icon on the top right corner of the page and select Security > Roles and Permissions.
- In the Role List, click on Administrator.
- In the Filter by Tool drop-down menu, select Content and click Apply Filter. Then, on the top row, check Organization, Course Template, Course Offering, Group, Semester, Section, and Department. Then, click Save.
- Repeat Step 3 for Course Builder, Course Management Console, and External Learning Tools in the Filter by Tool drop-down menu.
- Click on the Admin Tools icon on the top right corner of the page and go to Organization Related > Manage Extensibility.
- Select the ID Key Authorization tab. Then, click on Register an App.
- Enter the application name (i.e. Panorama) as the Application Name. Enter the Trusted URL as https://staging-pms.yuja.com/d2l-auth.
- Production US: https://panorama-api.yuja.com/d2l-auth
- Production CAN: https://panorama-api-cz.yuja.com/d2l-auth
- Production EU: https://panorama-api-ez.yuja.com/d2l-auth
Installing the Panorama LTI Tool
The next steps are for the configuration of the Panorama LTI Tool
- Log in to D2L using your Admin account.
- Click the Gear icon in the top-right corner of your screen. Under Organization Related, click External Learning Tools.
- Select the Manage Tool Links tab, and then Click New Link.
- Fill out the form as follows:
URL: Enter the applicable URL.
https://panorama-api.yuja.com/lti/lti-app (American Region)
https://panorama-api-cz.yuja.com/lti/lti-app (Canadian Region)
https://panorama-api-ez.yuja.com/lti/lti-app (European Region)
Key/Secret: Select Sign message with key/secret with: Link key/secret.
Key: Provided by your Customer Success Manager.
Secret: Provided by your Customer Success Manager.
- Fill out the Security Settings as shown below:
- Send tool consumer information to tool provider.
- Send context information to tool provider.
- Send course information to tool provider.
- Send course section information to tool provider.
- Send LTI user ID and LTI role list to tool provider.
- Check the Current Org Unit and then add any additional Org Units by clicking Add Org Units.
- Click Save and Close.
Installing the Panorama Visualizer into D2L Brightspace
- Log in to D2L Brightspace as an admin.
- Click Import Module.
- Enter an identifiable Module Name of your choice.
- Click Upload to add the visualizer received from your Customer Success Manager.
- Click Add.
- Locate the tool and ensure its Status is set to Enabled.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the module name and select Manage Roles.
- Under the Status column, ensure the module is enabled for all roles. Once all roles have been enabled, your D2L Brightspace environment will not require the Panorama browser extension.
Did you know? Once the visualizer has been enabled, you can disable Visualizer Enhanced Security. This will allow Panorama to load accessibility scores faster on your environment. To disable the setting, access the Panorama LTI app and navigate to Configuration > General Settings > Insititution Settings > Global Settings > disable Visualizer Enhanced Security.
Saving the New Panorama LTI Link.
Follow the steps below to save the new Panorama link in your class Navigation Bar.
- Navigate to any course, then go into Manage All Course Navbars.
- Name the link Panorama, then click Insert Quicklink to find the Panorama link from inside the External Learning Tools section.
- Set the Behavior to New window/tab and click Save.
- Navigate to Navbars, and select Create Navbar. Click on Add Links and select Panorama. Click Add and Save.