An Administrator can enable automatic imports of Blackboard recordings in the Video Platform for all future recordings. This guide provides step-by-step instructions to enable or disable, and manage Blackboard integration in the Video Platform.
Accessing the Blackboard Integration Management Menu
Blackboard Integration is accessible by Administrators through the Admin Panel’s Integrations tab.
- Log into Video Platform as an Administrator.
- Click the Main Menu icon and select Admin Panel.
- Select Integrations from the left-side navigation panel.
- Under Select an API to configure, select Video Conferencing - Blackboard.
Implementing Blackboard Integration in the Video Platform
The following instructions will guide an Administrator on how to enable Blackboard Integration through the Video Platform Admin Panel.
- Log into the Video Platform as an Administrator and navigate to the Blackboard Integration Management Menu.
- Select Authorize Blackboard Integration to be taken to a Blackboard Authentication page and type in Client ID, Client Secret, and Client URL and Save.
- Once finished, return to the Integrations menu in the Video Platform, refresh the browser, and access Video Conferencing - Blackboard to confirm the Blackboard integration has been enabled.
Configuring Blackboard Integration Settings
After installing Blackboard Integration for the Video Platform Zone, Administrators can use the Blackboard Integration Settings activity to configure Blackboard ingestion behavior.
- Select Enable Blackboard Integration to enable Blackboard integration for the Video Platform Zone.
- Select Automatically delete Blackboard meeting after Import to automatically delete the recordings from Blackboard after it has been successfully imported to the User's Video Platform account.
Managing Users with Blackboard Integration
The Manage Users with Blackboard Integrations tool allows Administrators to link Blackboard account information to an individual user’s account in the Video Platform. In order for an individual user to upload Blackboard content, their Blackboard account must be linked to their account on the Video Platform.
- Select Link User to link a Blackboard account to a user in the Video Platform.
- Choose the desired user in the Video Platform.
- Select Yes to confirm the selection.
- Check Enable Automatic Blackboard Import for the user to allow automatic uploads from Blackboard for future Blackboard recordings.
- Check Enable Auto Caption for the user to allow auto-caption generation for future Blackboard recordings.
- Click Save to register the changes.
Managing Blackboard Meetings
Manage Blackboard Meetings allows Administrators to search for and find meetings associated with a Blackboard Email and a defined date range. Meetings may then be imported into the Video Platform to enable access and management through the Platform’s Manage Media capability.
- In the Blackboard Email field, enter a valid Blackboard email address.
- In the From field, enter a starting date for the search.
- In the To field, enter an ending date for the search.
- Select Find Meetings.
- Select the cloud icon next to the video to manually upload to import that Blackboard meeting into the Video Platform.
Disabling Blackboard Integration in the Video Platform
The following instructions will guide an Administrator on how to disable Blackboard integration through the Video Platform's Admin Panel.