Copyright Notices may be required by an organization for media content stored in the Video Platform. Administrators can upload and manage Copyright Notices to ensure compliance with institutional data policies. Content Creators can attach manually copyright notices to their media content when available.
Accessing Copyright Notice Management Tools
Administrators can access Copyright Notice tools through the Video Platform's Admin Panel.
Uploading Copyright Notices
Administrators can create and upload copyright notices for their organizations.
- From the Metadata menu, under Upload Copyright, select Upload.
- Enter a Filename for the Copyright Notice and click Browse to locate the file from the local device.
- Click Close.
Managing Copyright Notices
Copyright Notices can be reviewed, managed, and deleted by Administrators.
- From the Metadata menu, under Manage Copyrights, click Manage.
- Choose the desired Copyright Notice from the dropdown menu.
- Select Delete to remove a Copyright Notice.
- Select View to review the Copyright Notice.
- Select Select Default to set the Copyright Notice as the default for all uploads and captures.
Using a Copyright Policy on Media Content
Content Creators can add or change an existing Copyright Notice for their uploaded or created content.
- From the Media Collection, hover over the thumbnail of the video to add a Copyright Notice to and click More....
- Navigate to the General tab and click Set Copyright Notice.
- Select a Copyright Notice from the drop down menu, then click Save.
- Select Save General to save your media content changes.
Once the video is published to a channel, students will see the Copyright Notice to download and review.