Copyright notices may be required by an organization for media content stored on the Video Platform. Admins can upload and manage copyright notices to ensure compliance with institutional data policies. Copyright notices can be attached manually to their media content when available.
Uploading Copyright Notices
Admins can upload notices through the Admin Panel's Platform tab.
- Log in to the Video Platform and access the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Select the Platform tab from the left-side navigation menu.
- Select the Metadata tab.
- In Upload and Manage Copyright, enter a name for the copyright file you'll upload in the text field.
- Next, click Browser and Upload to upload a PDF copyright file. Alternatively, you may drag and drop your file to upload it.
Setting a Default Copyright File
Admins can set a default copyright file that will be added to all uploaded content on the Video Platform.
Using a Copyright Policy on Media Content
Content Creators can add or change an existing Copyright Notice for their uploaded or created content.
- Navigate to your desired media content. Hover your cursor over the content and select More....
- Ensure the General tab is selected.
- Scroll down and click on Set Copyright Notice.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your copyright notice and click Save.
Once the video is published to a channel, students will see the Copyright Notice to download and review.