RTMP (Real-time messaging protocol) ingestion with Wirecast enables you to broadcast live events to large live stream audiences using the Video Platform.
Retrieving the Stream Server and Stream Key from the Video Platform
The first section summarizes the process of retrieving the proper Server and Key information that will be later inserted into Wirecast.
- Log into the Video Platform as an Administrator.
- Go to the Admin Panel and select RTMP Streams to open the RTMP Live Streams menu.
- From the menu, select Create Ingested Stream.
- In the popup window that appears, provide a Title and optional Description for your RTPM Live Stream.
- Click Confirm to save the event.
- Select the pencil icon to the left of the stream name and note down the Server URL and Stream Key.
Adding the Server URL and Stream Key to Wirecase
Below are the steps to integrate the Stream URL and Stream Key into Wirecast.
- Open Wirecast and navigate to the Output Settings.
- Enter the Server URL into Address and the Stream Key into Stream.
- Configure your preferred audio and video inputs under the Layer.
- Once the inputs are configured, click on the button for the Streaming.
Distributing the Event
Once the integration is complete, you can utilize the Video Platform to advertise the event from the Watch Stream URL.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel to select RTMP Live Streams.
- Once you have accessed the RTMP Live Streams menu, click on the pencil icon next to the event name.
- This will display the RTMP Stream Details. To distribute the event to your audience, you can copy and share either the Watch Stream URL or the Embed Code.