Due to the variety of viewer needs today, students can retrieve alternative file formats to meet their individual needs. Whether a visually impaired viewer requires text-to-speech narration for easier access to digital content, or if they prefer to read the document in a more convenient web format, Panorama's Alternative Formats is a great resource available directly within the LMS course section.
Accessing Alternative Formats
- Once the user finds the course document, there will be an Alternative Formats icon to the right of the document title.
- Click on the Alternative Formats icon to display the list of available resources.
Alternative Format Definitions
- Below is the list of available Panorama Alternative Formats:
- Source File: View the document in its original format, suitable for download viewing.
- PDF: View the document in PDF format, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- High Contrast: View the document in an HTML high contrast format, suitable for both online and download viewing in a low-light environment.
- Text to Speech: View the document in an HTML format with audio playback, suitable for both online and download listening.
- Text File: View the document in a pure text format without any formatting styles, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- EPUB: View the document in the ebook format, suitable for any ebook reader application.
- Braille: View the document in the braille format, suitable for download viewing (a braille reader is required).
- Audio Podcast: Audio playback for documents, suitable for both online and download listening.
- Math Formats: Convert documents containing math equations into LaTeX, clear text (i.e. numbers and symbols to words), or MP3 files.
- LaTeX: Convert documents into LaTeX document format.
- Math Text (ClearSpeak): Convert documents into printed English, including numbers and symbols.
- ClearSpeak Audio: Convert documents to MP3.
- Language Translation: Translate a document automatically to over 100 languages, which can be downloaded.