Due to the variety of viewer needs today, students can now retrieve alternative file formats to meet their individual needs. Whether a visually impaired viewer requires text to speech narration for easier access to digital content, or if they prefer to read the document in a more convenient web format, Panorama's Alternative Formats is a great resource available directly within the LMS course section.
Accessing Alternative Formats
- Once the user finds the course document, there will be an Alternative Formats icon to the right of the document title.
- Click on the Alternative Formats icon to display the list of available resources.
Alternative Format Definitions
Below is a summary of all the Alternative Format types that viewers can access to cater to all of their diverse needs.
- PDF - Standard Portable Document Format to work with many types of assisted technology.
- Braille - Standard BRF file which is compatible with graphical screen readers.
- EPUB - Open eBook file which can be read on various smartphones, tablets, and e-readers.
- High Contrast - Web display of document for low vision constraint learning.
- Text to Speech - Audio narration of document text.
- Plain Text - Standard TXT file which is compatible with PC, Mac, and Chromebooks.