This document provides instructions on integrating the YuJa Panorama Platform into your Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS). If you have any questions regarding any steps in this process, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
The below steps will allow you to make the Panorama Platform an accessibility tool for all courses in your Blackboard Learn instance.
Installing Panorama Web Services in Blackboard for the YuJa Panorama - LMS Connector
The guide below will provide System Admins instructions on how to install Panorama Web Services in order to use the YuJa Panorama - LMS Connector.
- Log in to Blackboard as a System Admin. Click on the System Admin option on the top bar. Next, choose the Building Blocks option under Building Blocks.
- Select the Installed Tools option then choose Upload Building Blocks.
- Browse and select the panorama-blackboard.war file that was sent to you by your YuJa Customer Success Manager.
- Click Submit to proceed with the installation.
- On the next screen, click Approve.
- Click Return once the installation finishes.
Installing the Blackboard REST Integration
- Log in to Blackboard as a System Admin. Click on the System Admin option on the top bar. Next, choose the REST API Integrations option under Building Blocks.
- Click on the Create Integration button.
- Fill in the details as follows:
- Application ID: 3a786e8b-d25e-4b52-9ebe-5556472822d1
- Learn User: any user with administrative privileges (to get all the course information)
- End User Access: Yes
- Authorized To Act As User: Service Default (No)
- Click Submit to complete the installation. Ensure that the application is available.
Installing the YuJa Panorama - LMS Viewer
- Log into Blackboard as a System Admin. Click on the System Admin option on the top bar.
- Under Tooles & Utilities, select Panorama Settings.
- Enter in the following information and click Save.
- Choose Environment: Production - (Your Region).
- Student Identifier Key: Student API Key that was sent over by your YuJa Customer Success Manager.
- Instructor Identifier Key: API Key that was sent over by your YuJa Customer Success Manager.
Configuring the Panorama User Role
These steps will allow the Administrator to set up a Panorama Role for users to configure the Panorama settings without giving them System Admins access.
- Log into Blackboard Learn as an Administrator, then go to System Admin and select System Roles.
- Click on the Create Role button.
- Enter the following information below and click on Submit.
- Role Name: Panorama Role
- Role ID: Panorama Role
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Courses
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Courses > Edit > Enrollments
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Courses > Edit > Course Properties
- Administrator Panel (Courses) > Terms
- Administrator Panel (Users) > Users
- Administrator Panel (Users) > Users > Edit > View Course Enrollments
- Administrator Panel (Organizations) > Organizations > Edit > Enrollments
- Course/Organization (Content Areas) > Advanced: Adaptive Release > View
- Course/Organization Control Panel (Evaluation) > Performance Dashboard
- Read-only access to the Content System filesystem
Installing the YuJa Panorama LTI for Reports and Metrics
The last step will be installing the YuJa Panorama LTI to generate reports and metrics for each course as well as the whole institution.
- Log into Blackboard Learn as an Administrator, then go to System Admin and select Building Blocks.
- Next, click on the LTI Tool Providers and select the Register Provider Domain option.
- Under Provider Domain Status, put in panorama-api.yuja.com and set the status to Approved.
- Scroll down to Default Configuration and fill out the following information. Click Submit when done.
- Default Configuration: Set globally.
- Tool Provider Key: LTI Consumer Key received from your YuJa Customer Success Manager.
- Tool Provider Secret: Secret LTI Key received from your YuJa Customer Success Manager.
- Send User Data: Send user data only over SSL
- Allow Member Ship Service Access: No
- Show User Acknowledgement Message: No
- Label: Panorama
- Handle: Panorama LTI
- Availability: Yes
- Type: Course Tool / Non-Student (For older Blackboard versions, use Student Tool).
- Tool Provider URL: https://panorama-api.yuja.com/lti/lti-app
- Tool Provider Custom Parameters: Enter these three parameters without the quotation marks on three separate lines: "user_id=@X@user.pk_string@X@", "system_role=@X@user.role@X@" and "course_pk=@X@course.pk_string@X@"