In Instructure Canvas, the Panorama Platform will automatically generate Panorama Accessibility Formats for any uploaded documents. Users can access and choose whichever format is suitable for them.
Accessing Panorama Accessibility Formats
Once a document is uploaded to Canvas, the Panorama Platform will start to generate all Panorama Accessibility Formats for the users to access.
- Log into Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Click on the dropdown arrow right next to an uploaded document.
- Select Show Accessibility Formats.
Types of Available Panorama Accessibility Formats
The Panorama Platform offers a variety of Panorama Accessibility Formats for users to choose from, whether it is to view online or download to your local device.
- With the Panorama Accessibility Format menu opens, click on any of the formats to view the file online.
- Click the Download icons to download the file to your local device.
- Below is the list of available Panorama Accessibility Formats.
- PDF: View the document in the PDF format, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- Braille: View the document in the braille format, suitable for download viewing. (Braille reader required)
- EPUB: View the document in the ebook format, suitable for any ebook reader applications.
- High Contrast: View the document in an HTML high contrast format, suitable for both online and download viewing in a low light environment.
- Web: View the document in an HTML format (this is only available for online viewing).
- Text to Speech: View the document in an HTML format with audio playback, suitable for both online and download listening.
- Text File: View the document in a pure text format without any formatting styles, suitable for both online and download viewing.