In Instructure Canvas, the Panorama Platform will automatically generate Panorama Accessibility Formats for any uploaded documents. Users can access and choose whichever format is suitable for them.
Accessing Panorama Accessibility Formats
Once a document is uploaded to Canvas, the Panorama Platform will start to generate all Panorama Accessibility Formats for the users to access.
- Log into Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Select the icon next to the file you would like to format.
Types of Available Panorama Accessibility Formats
The Panorama Platform offers a variety of Panorama Alternative Formats for users to choose from, whether it is to view online or download to your local device.
- With the Panorama Alternative Format menu open, click on any of the formats to view the file online.
- Click the Download icons to download the file to your local device.
- Below is the list of available Panorama Alternative Formats:
- Source File: View the document in its original format, suitable for download viewing.
- PDF: View the document in PDF format, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- Immersive Reader: Allows for customizations to text preferences, grammar options, and reading preferences while following along with the audio playback.
- Text File: View the document in a pure text format without any formatting styles, suitable for both online and download viewing.
- Gradient Reader: Enhances visual word recognition when reading by providing a guiding color gradient.
- EPUB: View the document in the eBook format, suitable for any eBook reader application.
- Braille: View the document in the braille format, suitable for download viewing (a braille reader is required).
- Audio Podcast: Audio playback for documents, suitable for both online and download listening.
- OCR: Convert images with text into machine-encoded text that can be searched and read by screen readers.
- OCR PDF: Images and GIFs with text inserted into a document can be searched and read aloud by screen readers.
- OCR Text: Recommended for those who’d like plain text, the OCR tool will extract and display text within images and GIFs as a TXT file.
- OCR Audio: Extract text within images and GIFs into an MP3 text-to-speech audio player.
- Math Formats: Convert documents containing math equations into LaTeX, clear text (i.e. numbers and symbols to words), or MP3 files.
- LaTeX: Convert documents into LaTeX document format.
- Math Text (ClearSpeak): Convert documents into printed English, including numbers and symbols.
- ClearSpeak Audio: Convert documents to MP3.
- Language Translation: Translate a document automatically to over 100 languages, which can be downloaded.