This document provides instructions on integrating the Panorama Platform into your Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). If you have any questions regarding any steps in this process, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
The below steps will allow you to make the Panorama Platform an accessibility tool for all courses in your Canvas instance.
Generating Canvas Access Token for the YuJa Panorama - LMS Connector
The YuJa Panorama - LMS Connector requires an Access Token to be generated in order to access the API provided by Canvas. To obtain the key, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to Canvas as an Administrator. On the sidebar, click on Account, then choose Settings from the left side menu.
- From the Settings page, scroll down to Approved Integrations, and click on + New Access Token.
- Under Purpose, type in YuJa Panorama and leave Expires date blank. Click on Generate Token.
- After generating the Access Token, copy down the information under the Token field.
- Send the Access Token key to your YuJa Customer Success Manager. Move to the next steps only once you receive all the required information.
Installing the YuJa Panorama - LMS Viewer
- Log in to Canvas as an Administrator. From the left sidebar, click on Admin and select the Account to apply the YuJa Panorama - LMS Viewer.
- Click on Themes, then choose the + Theme button. Select any theme template from the drop-down.
- In the theme editor, go to the Upload tab, and select the Canvas Visualiser file that is sent to you by the Customer Success Manager. Important: The Upload tab is only available once your Canvas Account Manager enables it.
- Next, click on Preview Your Changes, and then choose Apply Theme. When asked to give your theme a name, type in Panorama Theme.
- Follow the next section to configure Panorama for your Canvas.
Panorama Configuration LTI Application for Canvas
This step will allow organizations to enable Panorama for all the courses within Canvas or for selected courses only.
- Log in to Canvas as an Administrator. From the left sidebar, click on Admin, and select the Canvas account for your Organization.
- Click on Settings, navigate to the Apps tab, them select View Apps Configurations.
- Click Add App and fill in the following information
- Configuration Type: Paste XML
- Name: Panorama Configuration
- Consumer Key: Given to you by the Customer Success Manager.
- Secret Key: Given to you by the Customer Success Manager.
- XML Configuration: Given to you by the Customer Success Manager.