The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform supports the use of dual LTI 1.3 and SSO integration. Below, we have included information on how to configure dual integration for Instructor Canvas and Shibboleth with the Video Platform for custom linkage.
Sending the User ID from Canvas
The following steps will allow Canvas to send the Canvas user's LoginID as the Linkage Attribute to YuJa. This section assumes that you have completed the setup described in the guide titled Integrate the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform into Instructure Canvas using LTI 1.3.
- Login in Canvas as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the Admin tab, select Developer Keys, and select the edit tool for your current install of YuJa LTI 1.3.
- Under Additional Settings → Custom Fields, enter lis_person_sourcedid=$Canvas.user.loginId
- Once done, click Save to apply your change.
Sending the User ID from Shibboleth
- Login as an Administrator to SAML/Shibboleth.
- Select Manage Apps → YuJa → Edit.
- Add an attribute named Exteneral that is mapped to the same user attribute as the one sent in lis_person_sourcedid=$Canvas.user.loginId by Canvas.
- Once done, save your changes in SAML/Shibboleth.
Managing SSO and LMS Cross-Integration with LTI in YuJa
This section assumes that you have completed the setup described in the guide titled Integrating the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform with Shibboleth with SAML.
- Login to YuJa as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Admin Panel → Integrations.
- Under Select an API to Configure, select SSO - Shibboleth (SAML).
- Under Cross-Integration with LTI → Linkage Settings → Linkage Attribute, enter the OID value in Shibboleth that identifies the username value that comes from Canvas. For example, urn:oid:0.9.2342.19200300.
- Select the checkbox Fallback to email address to cross-match users when no Linkage Attribute matches.
- Once done, select Save to save your changes.