In order to configure the Hardware Hub, it must be registered to the institution by an IT Manager, and Connected, as shown through the Admin Panel’s Devices Tab.
Configuring the Hardware Hub
- Click on the Cog icon to access configuration settings. You should see a pop-up pane showing the hub configurations, and a list of devices in the Discovered Devices.
- To configure a device, click on the Cog icon.
- Depending on the device type, you may be presented with different options.
- Stream Quality: set the streaming quality of the given device, the recommended default is Medium.
- Record Quality: set the recording quality of the given device, the recommended default is Medium.
- Enable Recording: enable or disable the device, if you want to configure the device but not use it for active recording, you can set it to Disable.
- Input Type: PCI Capture only, select the input type that is plugged into the PCI Capture card.
- Mic Volume: this option will only show up after configuring the device. Sets the microphone volume used for recording/streaming. If microphone volume is too high or too low, try adjusting this setting.
- Mic Gain: this option will only show up after configuring the device. Not all microphones support gain setting. Try to use the volume setting first before attempting to change the gain.
- Click Done, and wait for a few seconds. You should see the device moving from Discovered to Active or Standby. If the device is disabled, it will show up in Standby. If the device is PCI Capture and no input signal is detected, it will also show up in Standby. Otherwise, the device is active and ready to record and will show up in Active.